Tommy Tubberville On The Final Four

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Today on Sirius XM College Sports Mark Packer, who is awesome, asked Tommy Tubberville about his thoughts on the college football playoff.
Tubberville said simply, "Well I'll get screamed at, but the best four teams in college football are Clemson, Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama".
I honestly agree with that.
Furthermore, I thought the "committee" was formed to put the best four teams in the playoff.
I don't think a conference championship should have anything to do with it.
It should be the best four teams period.
sip

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
Today on Sirius XM College Sports Mark Packer, who is awesome, asked Tommy Tubberville about his thoughts on the college football playoff.
Tubberville said simply, "Well I'll get screamed at, but the best four teams in college football are Clemson, Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama".
I honestly agree with that.
Furthermore, I thought the "committee" was formed to put the best four teams in the playoff.
I don't think a conference championship should have anything to do with it.
It should be the best four teams period.
sip
I caught that show on my way home today. Very interesting. Again you have to remember the committee and their Ohio State decision of past.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I know there are a lot of bad feelings on here about Tubs, his fingers, etc, but since he left auburn I do not have the same dislike for him I did while he was there. I assume he is permanently out of coaching, but IMO both Arkansas and UT should check his level of interest in returning to coaching.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I know there are a lot of bad feelings on here about Tubs, his fingers, etc, but since he left auburn I do not have the same dislike for him I did while he was there. I assume he is permanently out of coaching, but IMO both Arkansas and UT should check his level of interest in returning to coaching.
He does love to duck hunt in Arkansas lol

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
His fingers don't bother me cause I have one to,We all know what was going on then,feel like he could win 7-8 games. TTech he didn't do well Ole miss decent,Cincinnati was a flop.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I agree with conference titles are not all created equal. Aubs win sec they are in with 2 losses, so I guess regular season losses don not mean so much after all.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I agree with conference titles are not all created equal. Aubs win sec they are in with 2 losses, so I guess regular season losses don not mean so much after all.
Neither are all wins or losses equal.

If the barn makes it, it will be because they beat two #1s, and a #6 in their last 3 games.

One of the two losses was in the first game, reasonably close until late, to the current #1. Stevie Wonder could see they've improved tremendously in the meantime.

With an SEC championship to finish.

Essentially, all that redeems the brain freeze against LSU.

And while it pains me to say it, if they actually finish off UGA for a second time, they deserve a playoff spot. Two losses and all.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Agree, if they beat UGA, which I think they will, they definitely deserve a CFP spot. I believer they can beat Clemson in a rematch and certainly Wisconsin. They would however might not fare well against Oklahoma.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
.I do not harbor il will, just saying the entire season should be held to same standard. A loss early or late should be the same. Many say but teams at first are not fully together, but they are fully healthy. Later games you may have worked out the kinks but injuries pile up. SO how is early loss any different than late loss. great teams are ready to play from day one. To me a late loss means less as the season wears teams down, and inflicts injuries. At the start of the year teams are all in same boat, rusty, not 100% game ready, or just working out the kinks. But as year goes one, depending on schedule some teams play tougher games early. Later on injuries can mount, not always equally among teams. I think the entire year should count the same , all games have pros and cons, so why are late losses so much worse? You have to balance it out, a team may be playing better late and peaking late, but does that make them better than a team who has played good all year then sustained many injuries and started to fall off. I am sorry but in this case losing 2 games is worse than losing one. I mean come on this is not comparing apples to oranges, this is 2 sec west teams,that means we played a lot of the same teams. Forget clemson, losing to LSU is not better loss than losing to a hot #6 auburn. OH then toss in clemson, and this is not the clemson with watson, they have had their issues also.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
We all saw what auburn did to UGA and Alabama. I do not know what will happen in the SECC game, but if auburn beats UGA again, even a close win they may be the best team in the country going into the playoffs. If they lose to UGA then they are out, but still a damn good team. I just can't understand why some posters will not accept the fact that auburn was better than Alabama last Saturday when it counted.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We all saw what auburn did to UGA and Alabama. I do not know what will happen in the SECC game, but if auburn beats UGA again, even a close win they may be the best team in the country going into the playoffs. If they lose to UGA then they are out, but still a damn good team. I just can't understand why some posters will not accept the fact that auburn was better than Alabama last Saturday when it counted.
They absolutely were. But they may not be in 5 weeks.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
They absolutely were. But they may not be in 5 weeks.
I agree, B1G who the best team is depends on which Saturday you look at. Generally, most teams start out slow offensively and get better as the season progresses. The old adage "the defense is ahead of the offense early on" is usually true. I agree that our defense with time to heal will be better, but offensively I am not so sure. That applies to any team. A lot can change in 30 days.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
.I do not harbor il will, just saying the entire season should be held to same standard. A loss early or late should be the same. Many say but teams at first are not fully together, but they are fully healthy. Later games you may have worked out the kinks but injuries pile up. SO how is early loss any different than late loss. great teams are ready to play from day one. To me a late loss means less as the season wears teams down, and inflicts injuries. At the start of the year teams are all in same boat, rusty, not 100% game ready, or just working out the kinks. But as year goes one, depending on schedule some teams play tougher games early. Later on injuries can mount, not always equally among teams. I think the entire year should count the same , all games have pros and cons, so why are late losses so much worse? You have to balance it out, a team may be playing better late and peaking late, but does that make them better than a team who has played good all year then sustained many injuries and started to fall off. I am sorry but in this case losing 2 games is worse than losing one. I mean come on this is not comparing apples to oranges, this is 2 sec west teams,that means we played a lot of the same teams. Forget clemson, losing to LSU is not better loss than losing to a hot #6 auburn. OH then toss in clemson, and this is not the clemson with watson, they have had their issues also.
Careful what you advocate....that logic cheapens some of the Barn's wins, but some of ours also.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.