Link: Interesting Take on the Game - Narrowed down to a few key plays

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
yep, on that one and foster's 4 down route where he was short, when i saw the play occurring, i was thinking we were golden.
Yep. the senior WR runs his route too short then turns away from the first down line after he catches the ball. Needed one yard. The whole team was mentally out of the game and lacked focus. But nonetheless. Roll Tide!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yep. the senior WR runs his route too short then turns away from the first down line after he catches the ball. Needed one yard. The whole team was mentally out of the game and lacked focus. But nonetheless. Roll Tide!
it seemed like they were sleepwalking at times. we did not have kind words for that play.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
Biggest thing I got from "reliving" the game in his story is how often our defense really played great and we had them in a key 3rd down play but they made the play and we didn't. I think most would agree that our defense could obviously played better, but to hold them to 26 points considering they dominated TOP was not the main problem.

The article also affirmed my biggest concern and that is our continual struggle that we have on 3rd downs.
Stats don't lie sometimes... though they can sometimes be twisted. Consider this: the average 3rd down both Alabama and Auburn faced was "3rd and 6" (to be exact, 5.84 for AU and 6.25 for UA)... with AU having 19 third downs and UA having 11. And, UA's average distance was greatly influenced by one "3rd and 22" while AU's longest 3rd down distance was 12 yards.

For the most part, third downs were the same... but AU went 9 for 18 and UA went 3 for 11. Two observations result. First, we see what happens when we have a "running QB" versus a "passing QB" (and they have the opposite). Second, we see what occurs when we don't get much of a pass rush (and allow an effective pass rush on the offensive front).

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
i had to grin and bear it after that play as there were a few kids around where i was watching it. i mumble cussed through the next two series after that.
I said some things that would get me banned from this board because it would have been harsh comments against a player. But let me say this. I hope we have two game left this season, and I hope Foster has the two best games of his career in them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.