Can we talk about LA Tech game 29Nov2017?

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Key and Ingram are only sophomores though. Crazy how they seem like veterans... which they are compared to the new guys.
Ingram = Red Shirt Sophomore hence his leadership as the experienced veteran. Consistent positive presence whether on the court or sideline. And I'm very interested to see the team dynamic when Braxton returns.

RTR!!!

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Leadership is certainly going to be something this team needs and with such a young roster I would look to Ingram , Norris or maybe aj junior to lead that role. What's great though is that even though there's not a great chemistry yet, this team is beating some pretty dang good ball teams without establishing a true rhythm.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Seems like Petty was kind of irked by his lack of playing time in the second half of the game yesterday. Be interesting how that plays out. Probably not a big deal but something to keep an eye on especially with Key coming back. Somebody is going to lose some minutes..

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Seems like Petty was kind of irked by his lack of playing time in the second half of the game yesterday. Be interesting how that plays out. Probably not a big deal but something to keep an eye on especially with Key coming back. Somebody is going to lose some minutes..
I don't know that it was that as much as it was his ankle still bothering him. He was not 100% and tried to push through it last night, so I would be shocked if he practices full time this week before Sunday's game. He's not the type of kid to get angry over playing time.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Key is a 4 and Petty is a 3/2 so don't think it will be Petty. I do agree somebody is going to lose minutes and expecting it to be Smith/Reese and to a smaller degree Jones.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
3) The elephant in the room so to speak FREE THROWS- We ended up doing Ok at the foul line shooting about 70% for the game, but we haven't been shooting that well early in the season. We are dead last in the league at 63%. We need to be at least 75% because as we know some games will come down to the freebies.
At least we have seen improvement on this the last three games:

Game 1: 68%
Game 2: 38%
Game 3: 53%
Game 4: 63%
Game 5: 72%
Game 6: 73%
Game 7: 75%

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Key is a 4 and Petty is a 3/2 so don't think it will be Petty. I do agree somebody is going to lose minutes and expecting it to be Smith/Reese and to a smaller degree Jones.
Its going to be a great problem to have. I think it will most-likely be Jones, he's been logging in a lot of minutes. They've been well-deserved but he's been getting a lot of them over the last few games. He'll still get a great share of the minutes because he can spell the 3 and 4 and its going to take Key to get back up to speed as well.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Key is as much a 3 as he is a 4. If Coach Johnson wants to continue to try Giddens and Hall at the same time, Key would fit nicely in Petty's spot. Also, Smith has shown that he is a capable player this season.

This team can really have a lot of size on the floor at one time depending on how Coach Johnson wants to play it against certain matchups.

Philippines

Scout Team
Feb 9, 2014
Birmingham, AL
No question that athletically, Sexton is off the charts. From a pure athleticism standpoint, Gerald Wallace was also exceptional. He
was a 2010 NBA All-Star and dunk contest participant. He is now retired and has a yearly basketball camp in Childersburg.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.