Notes from the Ohio State message boards

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I think that as long as Mayfield is on his feet and able to play, OK will beat the stew out of TCU. The only hope for the Horned Frogs is to knock Mayfield out of the game. Without him, OK is very beatable.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I think that as long as Mayfield is on his feet and able to play, OK will beat the stew out of TCU. The only hope for the Horned Frogs is to knock Mayfield out of the game. Without him, OK is very beatable.
Yep. Their defense is subpar but with an offense like that it dosen't matter.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Is that likely though ? I'm not sure TCU has the offensive firepower to keep up with them.
It’s as possible as Utah beating us, App St beating Michigan, Pitt beating WVA, Iowa St beating Okie St, and 2001 LSU beating Tennessee.

Not probable but it’s praxtically a TCU home game.

Stranger things have happened.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
[FONT=&quot]Lljjgg 28 NOV 2017, 2:21 PM Buckeye Fan[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

That's very possible. The other possibility is that they weigh bad losses heavier than the number of top-15 wins. I think this is one of those situations where you can choose the facts you want to paint whatever picture most satisfies your mind. For example I've been seeing ESPN use "Top 40 wins" constantly the last week to negate OSU's case against Alabama (and even ND + USC this past weekend). If you look at Top 40 win-loss record OSU is 3-2, Alabama is 4-1 because of how they weigh the SEC.
I think this probably shows us how they weigh top 10/15 wins vs. Top 40 wins as well. If you buy into the the committee is weighing past success that's definitely not good for OSU, as the most recent memory of OSU isn't the title win but the blowout last year against Clemson - who would likely be OSU's opponent again.
I think one factor people don't consider but should, is who would the committee like to see play more? Because at the end of the day they are humans. I do think that's part of why OSU got in over PSU last year, or OSU got in over Baylor/TCU the year before. This year I think there's a very real possibility Alabama gets in simply because people would rather see an Alabama-Clemson 3rd round than an OSU-Clemson rematch. That's not nice to think about, but very well could be.

[/FONT]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.