JessN: SEC Preview and Predictions: Week 14 (and a look at the CFP)

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
SEC Preview and Predictions: Week 14 (and a look at the CFP)
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 29th, 2017 01:37 AM

Last week’s record: 6-3 (66.7%)
Season record: 95-16 (85.6%)

The Predictions Dept. got out of Rivalry Week with a 6-3 record, which is not a terrible mark overall. Unfortunately, one of those three losses was the pick of the Alabama-Auburn game, which has now forced Alabama to enlist the help of TCU or Ohio State to reach the College Football Playoff. Otherwise, it appears Alabama will be headed for an Orange Bowl matchup in a game few Bama fans will likely choose to attend. […]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No predictions for the other games that matter so much to Alabama? :conf2:

rylandtide

1st Team
Nov 28, 2000
Ryland, Alabama
No predictions for the other games that matter so much to Alabama? :conf2:
Well, they are "SEC Preview and Predictions". :)

Politics are high and rampant here outside the SEC. Not many are giving Alabama any forgiveness for injuries as they have Clemson it seems for loosing to a horrible Syracuse team. Also its troubling how those same people are saying Auburn beat the number one team 2 out of three weeks. But can you really say that now and not say Alabama beat the #3 team still? All of these games are in the past so either call them as they were or as they are and do it consistently with all teams! And on that same note, Alabama's loss looks even better to the #2 team in the nation!

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
I know last year doesn't matter. But the committee gave OSU a bit of a pass last year and they really didn't show up. I think they would view us as extremely competitive against anyone.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Jess,
Which exactly are the 9 statistical categories you mentioned when discussing Miami
Total offense
Rushing offense
Passing offense
Scoring offense

Total defense
Raw pass defense
Pass efficiency defense
Rushing defense
Scoring defense

Some round it to 10 by including Passing Efficiency in the offense category to have each side with 5 categories each.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
unfortunately all the reasons you gave as to why Bama is better than miami are the same reasons that clemson should have little trouble beating miami. I think miami beating clemson is a long shot, though I will be pulling hard for the canes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.