Ole Miss to Receive NCAA Penalties Within 24 Hours (update: penalties @ post #103)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Clarion Ledger: Ole Miss to Receive NCAA Penalties Within 24 Hours

Told y'all.
No trying to be argumentative, but they did give them a multi-year bowl ban and I don't think the NCAA has ever handed down double-digit scholarship losses per year - they always spread the losses over several years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

No trying to be argumentative, but they did give them a multi-year bowl ban and I don't think the NCAA has ever handed down double-digit scholarship losses per year - they always spread the losses over several years.
Looks like the earlier reports were inaccurate. They lose 13 scholarships (3 plus the 10 self-imposed) over four years.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Looks like the earlier reports were inaccurate. They lose 13 scholarships (3 plus the 10 self-imposed) over four years.
Yah, the point is I've never seen the NCAA hand down 10+ scholarships/year - they always spread them out over multiple years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Yah, the point is I've never seen the NCAA hand down 10+ scholarships/year - they always spread them out over multiple years.
Ahh... Didn't see that in his original post. Yeah, I don't see how the NCAA could do that when it reduced the scholarships to 25 a year.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

Since the juniors can leave and not sit out, lets go package deal:

Ken Webster CB
Breeland Speaks DE
Javien Hamilton CB
Zedrick Woods S

We need players in the secondary and adding speaks to the DL would help the pass rush AND make the D-Line next year look a lot better. (Ray, Williams, Davis, Buggs, Speaks would give us 5 to rotate, add in one more juco/grad transfer and hope either a freshman or Mathis can be ready and we have 7 that can rotate the 3 spots.)

We can make the numbers work, I'm sure someone or four have a lingering back issue or turf toe and need to go on medical... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.