Ole Miss to Receive NCAA Penalties Within 24 Hours (update: penalties @ post #103)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Re: Clarion Ledger: Ole Miss to Receive NCAA Penalties Within 24 Hours

Seems that the defense was, "yeah, OK we did it, but Mississippi State did it, too."

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Lots of people are going to be watching closely. As far as I'm concerned, this is Last Stand Hill for the NCAA. If they let OM skate on this much evidence after what happened at UNC and Miami, then as far as I'm concerned they're out of credibility as an enforcement organization. I think a lot of athletic departments will take notice. API set out the blueprint with Scam. OM will have perfected it.

The good news for me is that it might also be the beginning of the end for the NCAA's involvement with major college football.

TupeloTideFan

Scout Team
Aug 6, 2010

Tomorrow should prove to be interesting reading on the Black Bears fan forums. Trouble is, I have never been to one of their sites. Living among them is quite entertaining enough! Can someone recommend one of their sites that is family friendly like Tide Fans? Also need a warning about which trashy sites to avoid! Thanks.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

Tomorrow should prove to be interesting reading on the Black Bears fan forums. Trouble is, I have never been to one of their sites. Living among them is quite entertaining enough!
Can someone recommend one of their sites that is family friendly like Tide Fans?
Also need a warning about which trashy sites to avoid! Thanks.
You're probably not find one as clean as this one. However if you want to poke around on a few... CLICK

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Tomorrow should prove to be interesting reading on the Black Bears fan forums. Trouble is, I have never been to one of their sites. Living among them is quite entertaining enough! Can someone recommend one of their sites that is family friendly like Tide Fans? Also need a warning about which trashy sites to avoid! Thanks.
Just read Parrish Alford in the Daily Journal. He says the same things all the rest are saying. They are all given the company line to spout and denied access to the program if they don't bleat it to the rest of the sheep. There is a reason McCready shut down his twitter for a while a few days ago and now comes out with this spin piece one day before the sanctions come out-----just doing what he's told by Boss Hog in LaFayette County. The only thing you'll get out of any of them are the lies they are told to tell.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Really no different than all the people in and around Alabama saying "noooooo worries y'all" back in the early 2000s. It is what it is.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

They are under a self imposed bowl ban, but I assume it would have to be a NCAA ban for players to have the opportunity to transfer without sitting, correct?
NCAA adding the second year will trigger it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Could care less about the Ole Miss officials. I feel sorry for the players that had nothing to do with what went on, but will be punished.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Could care less about the Ole Miss officials. I feel sorry for the players that had nothing to do with what went on, but will be punished.
There's not a single player on campus that didn't know what they were walking into and many of them gladly accepted the benefits that enticed them to be there.

No sorrow whatsoever.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

There's not a single player on campus that didn't know what they were walking into and many of them gladly accepted the benefits that enticed them to be there.

No sorrow whatsoever.
Wow, that’s a very broad statement. Do you know this to be fact or is this what you believe to be the truth?

Are you saying everyone got benefits or just that everyone knew that some were getting benefits?
I’m just asking.

mswhat

Oct 16, 2017

So no Tennstud type leaks about what the sanctions will be? Shame. 😎

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Wow, that’s a very broad statement. Do you know this to be fact or is this what you believe to be the truth?

Are you saying everyone got benefits or just that everyone knew that some were getting benefits?
I’m just asking.
I'm saying this investigation has been ongoing publicly for five years now - anyone playing for OM, paid or not, has no excuse for not knowing what they were signing up for.

Ignorance isn't an excuse.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

I'm saying this investigation has been ongoing publicly for five years now - anyone playing for OM, paid or not, has no excuse for not knowing what they were signing up for.

Ignorance isn't an excuse.
I didn’t realize it had been that long. Be that as it may, I suspect some of those kids were told by recruiters the allegations were false and they believed it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I didn’t realize it had been that long. Be that as it may, I suspect some of those kids were told by recruiters the allegations were false and they believed it.
Oh, they likely were, hence the recent lawsuit by Deontae Anderson.

That said, any kid that signed without looking at the obvious smoke is earning a solid life lesson right now. I seriously doubt anyone who signed with OM over the last few years had no clue as to what was happening.

I have zero proof, no one has told me anything - but there are a few players that I would LOVE to see wearing crimson who were heavily recruited by Bama and signed with OM (and let's be honest, in most cases we know why they switched their commitments at the last minute). That said, if they're allowed to transfer and they choose Bama, I'll not be upset.

But if they decide to stay and stick through whatever punishment, that's on them. I can't imagine any of them had no idea what they were getting in to. Makes zero sense, this has been going on too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.