Ole Miss to Receive NCAA Penalties Within 24 Hours (update: penalties @ post #103)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Clarion Ledger: Ole Miss to Receive NCAA Penalties Within 24 Hours

Is it 13 plus the 11 they self imposed? Is the bowl ban just one more year because they already self imposed a year?
Looks like it. So all together 24 scholarships and 2 year bowl ban.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

This is the kind of punishment that we got in 2002 and USC got in 2010. Bluebloods take half a decade to start recovering from it. How long for a school like Ole Miss? A decade?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

This is the kind of punishment that we got in 2002 and USC got in 2010. Bluebloods take half a decade to start recovering from it. How long for a school like Ole Miss? A decade?
Depends on the exodus of upperclassmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I heard Matt Luke just applied for the Tennessee job.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
reading that, are the bulldogs going to be punished for paying lewis, or is that old news now and nothing happening there?

no, no one would could confirm his testimony, no texts, paper trails, etc. with anyone regarding MSU. with ole miss, they could.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
reading that, are the bulldogs going to be punished for paying lewis, or is that old news now and nothing happening there?
Based on how he claims he was 'paid by MSU' (teammates's father gave him the cash), MSU is pretty much bulletproof as there are two different provisions by which a player can receive cash from someone not employed by the school:
- friend of the family: if he can show that there was a relationship prior to his commitment to MSU, the gift is legal.
- living expenses: teammates can receive 'living expenses' from other player's parents under NCAA rules.

IOW, while I don't believe for a second it went down that cleanly - it looks like MSU figured out how to carefully walk the minefield of 'if OM paid him and he went to MSU, why did he go to MSU?'

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sounds to me like they waited to see if they were going to get bowl-eligible this season to determine whether to make two or three years. I bet if OM had lost to MSU, it would have been an additional two years instead of an additional one year.
They weren't going to a bowl this year. They self-imposed a bowl ban for 2017 in the spring.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
What happens to Ole Miss Cher of sec Revenue. Seems like I remember when we were on probation that we had to forego some or all of our SEC share Revenue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.