Ole Miss to Receive NCAA Penalties Within 24 Hours (update: penalties @ post #103)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Clarion Ledger: Ole Miss to Receive NCAA Penalties Within 24 Hours

So now we'll at least know what caused the big boom this time.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Once announced, I wonder if that will include provisions through which OM football players may transfer without a 1 year sit out requirement ? I believe, although I can`t specifics, that there`s precedent for that.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Once announced, I wonder if that will include provisions through which OM football players may transfer without a 1 year sit out requirement ? I believe, although I can`t specifics, that there`s precedent for that.
It has been offered in the past. Would like to see if it here so people can pick at the bones of what is left. Of course after seeing how those kids behaved in the Egg Bowl I don't know if I'd want any of them here.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States

If they are ineligible for bowl games, any player whose eligibility would expire during that time may transfer without having to sit out a season.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

It has been offered in the past. Would like to see if it here so people can pick at the bones of what is left. Of course after seeing how those kids behaved in the Egg Bowl I don't know if I'd want any of them here.
We recruited AJ Brown very hard. I would gladly take him.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

They got a few I'd like to see wearing Crimson. Wouldn't mind seeing the big receiver (Brown) wearing Crimson. We don't have somebody like that.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

That`s a good point. Would definitely have to be some " attitude adjustments " for sure. CNS and his best " Homey don`t play dat! "

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

If y'all think they're going to get hammered you haven't been paying much attention lately. This will be a slap on the wrist.

No multi-year bans going forward. No double digit scholarships lost per year.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I've heard from one of my OM buddies that AJ Brown has privately expressed interest in transferring to Bama if they add another year of bowl ban. I'd take that dude in a heartbeat - he's a MONSTER.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I guess we'll know in about 24 hours, but early conjecture was that if the penalties were going to be bad the NCAA would delay the release them after the Egg Bowl so as not to potentially make the clash of fans even worse. Were they going to let OM off with a slap on the wrist, I don't know what they would have delayed longer than the typical 6-8 weeks after the meeting with the CoI.

Tomorrow will have been almost 12 weeks since the meeting with the CoI...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I've heard from one of my OM buddies that AJ Brown has privately expressed interest in transferring to Bama if they add another year of bowl ban. I'd take that dude in a heartbeat - he's a MONSTER.
Give me AJ Brown and Benito Jones right now, please. Just now sure we have the roster numbers to add guys.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Give me AJ Brown and Benito Jones right now, please. Just now sure we have the roster numbers to add guys.
What if we're slow playing recruiting for that reason? One or two guys showing interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.