Link: Gary Danielson Take On The SECCG

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I guess you've never been to Bosnia. I saw people there turn off their own electricity in order to turn off the electricity of that other ethnic neighborhood across the way. Crazy.
Haha, nope.

And while I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I think I could make the argument that I'm a good bit smarter than the people you referenced here...

If the Barn winning helps Bama get into the playoff then War Eagle! (For the record, I'd love another swing at those guys with healthier linebacking corps and away from the "magical" officiating of Jerdun Hair.)
Bingo. I can't imagine a fan not wanting what's best for Bama.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I don't want it like the NFL. I think a better rule would be to increase the yardage on the yardage. I'd like to see it be a spot foul up to 20-25 yards. Anything PI committed over 20-25 yards is an automatic 20-25 yard penalty from the LOS. I think that is severe enough.
20 yards is not severe enough if the PI prevents a TD. 20 yards is still a gift for the D if it occurs 40 yards downfield. Just my opinion but, I hate the current PI rule.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think DPI should be a spot foul if it is going to be called so inconsistently by SEC officials but only 15 yards or spot if under 10 yards if it is called like Big-12 and Pac-12 officials.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
They held on every play in the Iron Bowl. But Alabama and OSU used to employ those same tactics, so I really don't get too upset about it. The receivers need to be just as physical at the LOS. IMO, Alabama's receivers played soft in that game. They were not blocking for one another, and they were not creating separation with the DBs.
Amari Cooper was the best I have ever seen at not letting DBs disrupt the receiver's release up the field. Nobody could get a hand on him and that helped him get really open. A lot.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
it probably wont ever happen in college because it would be called way too much due to when the competition is so much worse. they allow it in the NFL because a good bit of the defenders are good enough to not tackle you on every deep pass play

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
What about just good ole spot foul with automatic 1st down...

3rd & 5 at own 35 - PI at own 41 - 1st & 10...(6 yd. Penalty)
2nd & 8 at the 50 - PI at 5 - 1st & Goal...(45 yd. Penalty)
1st & 10 at the 30 - PI at 23 - 1st & 10...(7 yd. Penalty)

Of course if either becomes a TD then penalty is declined and TD is awarded...
PI in end zone, if caught TD, if incomplete 1st & goal at the 5 or half the distance to the goal if ball was on or inside the 5...

If obvious PI and not called, the official gets ejected from the game!

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I would like to see it be called as an escalating penalty let the first infraction of the half be a 15-yard penalty and then subsequent and penalties of the same infraction increase for the remainder of the half and then reset the same process in the second half. Teams shouldn't be allowed to use the penalty in fraction as a defensive strategy it's not so much the yardage being inadequate. It is the frequency of the uncalled infraction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I just want them to set the rule and enforce it. The calls are to inconsistent, either you can or cannot lay a hand on WR after 5 yards, period. Once the severity is called into play it is a ref decision. Either you can or cannot grab WR period. Time for clear rule, and consistent enforcement of whatever rule they decide on. It is time for a WR and a DB to know what is okay and what is not, in all games no matter what. Like a face mask, touch it it is 5 yards, grab and tug 15 yds. Lets do that , grab a WR 10 yds auto 1st down. Tackle him or really wrap him to avoid big long catch 25 yds auto 1st down. I like seeing the guys play, but holding a WR's arm and keeping him from being able to make a play should be stiff penalty. Play or cheat, but cheating should cost you. Letting a WR get tackled to avoid long TD and only getting 15 yds is no brainer for a defender if he gets burned. Get burned you should pay for it. Get better or get penalized big time.

bama_fan01

Hall of Fame
Aug 25, 2003
Ranburne, AL, USA
Exactly. If it takes my pulling for the barn in order for Bama to get into the CFP, then Bama will never be in the CFP again.
Agreed...I work in GA, and those folks are obnoxious for the most part. One of them asked me who I was pulling for, and I said no one. I told them that if the barn wins, it helps Bama's chances, and if uga wins, then the barn loses! It's a win/win situation in my book!

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
What if they all lost. The chaos would be fun to watch. I will settle for two, though.
It would be interesting, but I don't believe there would be that much chaos. UGA and the U would both be in, and two among Bama, Clemson, and OSU should make up the other two slots. One team would be left out, which would be the same situation between Bama and OSU if OSU beats Wisconsin. Only difference would be that the team left out would be comparing their resume against two teams instead of one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.