Link: Gary Danielson Take On The SECCG

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
You not going to pull for OSU to upset Wisconsin and such?
Personally I think games will go as they go no matter what I want or who I pull for. If things fall right maybe we get a shot, if not then so be it. Watching or pulling for any team will have zero effect on game outcomes. Also no matter who argues or what points they make, the CFP committee will put in who they put in. SO again I will check cfp poll when it comes out and see if Bama gets in. Until then it is all so much bugle spit hehe.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Since we are on the subject of Danielson, he made the comment during the game Saturday that Kirby Smart had submitted 6 plays to the SEC offices of where he thought Auburn was holding receivers. He said something along the lines of "Im not sure if I'm supposed to say this" during the broadcast. That did not go over well with Kirby Smart. Danielson was on one of the sports talk radio shows here in Atlanta yesterday and they asked him about the comment and the fact that it upset Kirby and his response was "well then he shouldn't have said it, that's too bad for him." While he comes across as arrogant at times, I've always liked Danielson because his analysis is spot on, but that snarky comment shocked me.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Personally I think games will go as they go no matter what I want or who I pull for. If things fall right maybe we get a shot, if not then so be it. Watching or pulling for any team will have zero effect on game outcomes. Also no matter who argues or what points they make, the CFP committee will put in who they put in. SO again I will check cfp poll when it comes out and see if Bama gets in. Until then it is all so much bugle spit hehe.
Exactly. If it takes my pulling for the barn in order for Bama to get into the CFP, then Bama will never be in the CFP again.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Danielson and Vern so endeared themselves to me that nothing Gary sez bothers me.
I ceased to listen or care for their opinions years ago.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Since we are on the subject of Danielson, he made the comment during the game Saturday that Kirby Smart had submitted 6 plays to the SEC offices of where he thought Auburn was holding receivers. He said something along the lines of "Im not sure if I'm supposed to say this" during the broadcast. That did not go over well with Kirby Smart. Danielson was on one of the sports talk radio shows here in Atlanta yesterday and they asked him about the comment and the fact that it upset Kirby and his response was "well then he shouldn't have said it, that's too bad for him." While he comes across as arrogant at times, I've always liked Danielson because his analysis is spot on, but that snarky comment shocked me.
I didn't hear the last part, and that does sound snarky. But I heard the first part about sending a "tape" to the SEC Office, and based on my watching Alabama football for some 40+ years now, it seems to me if there has been even ONE SINGLE WEEK in the past 20+ years that Alabama has NOT Sent a "Tape" to the SEC complaining about the sorry state of SEC Officiating, then our coaches and administrators have been failing us.

IMO, we might have lost anyway, but the officiating in our game last weekend was as bad as any game I can remember.

AS for the OP with Gary's comments, my response is - DUH!

I don't watch many UGa games, so I can't say it was their "worst" outing, but there's no question Georgia played poorly in their game at Jerkin-Hair. Likewise, no question that aub played VERY WELL, and Very Aggressively!! I take nothing away from them - but its equally true that Georgia played really poorly.

In our game, I can say with complete confidence that it was easily our Very Worst showing of the year! Again, aub played out of their minds, but its equally true that for the most part, when we need to "Make a Play" - on either side of the ball OR special teams, we FAILED almost Every Single Time.

Its difficult to imagine us playing WORSE..... Then again - "never say never", right? :-/

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I didn't hear the last part, and that does sound snarky. But I heard the first part about sending a "tape" to the SEC Office, and based on my watching Alabama football for some 40+ years now, it seems to me if there has been even ONE SINGLE WEEK in the past 20+ years that Alabama has NOT Sent a "Tape" to the SEC complaining about the sorry state of SEC Officiating, then our coaches and administrators have been failing us.

IMO, we might have lost anyway, but the officiating in our game last weekend was as bad as any game I can remember.

AS for the OP with Gary's comments, my response is - DUH!

I don't watch many UGa games, so I can't say it was their "worst" outing, but there's no question Georgia played poorly in their game at Jerkin-Hair. Likewise, no question that aub played VERY WELL, and Very Aggressively!! I take nothing away from them - but its equally true that Georgia played really poorly.

In our game, I can say with complete confidence that it was easily our Very Worst showing of the year! Again, aub played out of their minds, but its equally true that for the most part, when we need to "Make a Play" - on either side of the ball OR special teams, we FAILED almost Every Single Time.

Its difficult to imagine us playing WORSE..... Then again - "never say never", right? :-/
Agreed Tom - good thing we got this one out of the way so we can play our A game in our last two games of the season.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
One question, and there seem to be differing opinions on this: if Georgia were to win, would they jump us? Clearly, Auburn is history if they lose because that gives them three losses, but Georgia?

I do worry about them jumping us.

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
One question, and there seem to be differing opinions on this: if Georgia were to win, would they jump us? Clearly, Auburn is history if they lose because that gives them three losses, but Georgia?

The Auburn-Georgia winner will get in. I don't think there's any doubt about it. Our best chance is for TCU to beat OU and/or OSU to beat Wisconsin. The SECCG really doesn't have any bearing on whether we get in or not.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I agree with Gary that Auburn is perhaps not so great away from JHS. I'll be impressed if they win the SECCG. At JHS they have the crowd making things hard for the opponent and they get favorable calls from the officials. Saturday the crowd should be closer to 50/50 and the officials will likely call the game closer to equal.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
I agree with Gary that Auburn is perhaps not so great away from JHS. I'll be impressed if they win the SECCG. At JHS they have the crowd making things hard for the opponent and they get favorable calls from the officials. Saturday the crowd should be closer to 50/50 and the officials will likely call the game closer to equal.
And, Georgia has revenge on their minds. I'm not saying that it necessarily plays into things, but I expect Auburn to have their hands full.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

You would have to think UGA has learn from the first game. Fromm won't have that deer in the headlights look.
Atlanta is basically Georgia's backyard. no crazy JHS voodoo and suspicious officiating to determine the outcome of the game.
If Chubb/Michel can get going and Fromm connects some long passes, dawgs can make this game more competitive.
Kerryon Johnson may or may not play, if he does he's not 100%. let's face it, he's half their offensive fire power

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
And, Georgia has revenge on their minds. I'm not saying that it necessarily plays into things, but I expect Auburn to have their hands full.
There is always the potential for Auburn to have a trap game Saturday, especially if Kerryon is out. They put so much emotion into beating Alabama that a motivated team could catch them flat. Fortunately for them, it hasn't happened yet, but that is always a posdibility.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Yes. UGA would be the #2 or #3 seed and we would be #4 if........

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I bet he gets zero info from the UGA coaching staff going forward.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.