BREAKING: UT AD John Currie Fired (fulmer named as replacement)

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa
Re: BREAKING: UT AD John Currie Fired (fulmer to be named as replacement)

So now the UT AD is more obsessed with getting Bama under NCAA investigation than promoting UT athletics = LOL

TJunky

Sep 1, 2014

:wink:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

Going to enjoy once again running roughshod over the great pumpkin's vol regime. If he'll only name himself head coach...

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Re: BREAKING: UT AD John Currie Fired

People don't realize how much the "Ghost" of Coach Bryant, in the form of all the Dead-Wood, Hangers-on, held Alabama back. That presence, and the connection of many of them to the "Good Ole' Boy" network of Meddling boosters is probably what caused Perk to leave just as he was getting the ball rolling, And caused the backlash that lead to Joab Thomas rejecting Diddy Bowden to hire bill "the academics coach" curry, and very possibly contributed to the fan-induced insanity of hiring Mike Dumbose, and the catastrophic disaster in 1999 of failing to immediatly fire him, which opened the door for the NZAA persecution that followed.

Nick Saban coming in and demanding the authority to clean house was one of the best things that ever happened to UA athletics, and would still have been beneficial even if Saban had not been all that he is.

UcheaT is hip-deep in the same problem, and has now "Doubled-Down", and just let Mullen "struggle" at any point and watch what a CANCER Spurrier will be.....
Homerun post. Thanks

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Re: BREAKING: UT AD John Currie Fired

We’ll have to wait and see, but I believe Tennessee got hammered harder today than Ole Miss. Here’s what they have to build on.

Worst season in school history

Coach fired mid-season

No QB

No coach

An inexperienced AD that every coach in the country knows has stabbed two people in the back to take their job

Toxic fan base

Jimmy Haslam, Cleveland Browns owner, calling the shots.

The program is a nationwide laughing stock. I don’t believe the Vols can sink any lower. They’ve hit Rocky Bottom.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Vol boards are amazing tonight with delusion

Earlier today, both the Vol forums and the local radio callers were saying the same thing: "This program has been set back by YEARS!" or some variation thereof. No coach, no AD, a laughingstock in the national media, just a complete disaster.

But tonight, after Fulmer was appointed as AD? "WE'RE BACK!!!!!!"

I mean, really? Do they somehow think that he can snap his fingers and have them in the playoffs next year? That seems to be the case.

TJunky

Sep 1, 2014
Re: Vol boards are amazing tonight with delusion

Keep going, the hate keeps me warm.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

Fulmar back at UT, I hear bugles playing in back ground. TAPS, they are now assured of death. Fulmer is a joke and no coach but Tee Martin will take that job. He will never win there.

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US

Would fulmer seriously consider Tee Martin? I wonder if Diane Sanford called her bank this afternoon to order a new box of checks?

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
We’ll have to wait and see, but I believe Tennessee got hammered harder today than Ole Miss. Here’s what they have to build on.

Worst season in school history

Coach fired mid-season

No QB

No coach

An inexperienced AD that every coach in the country knows has stabbed two people in the back to take their job

Toxic fan base

Jimmy Haslam, Cleveland Browns owner, calling the shots.

The program is a nationwide laughing stock. I don’t believe the Vols can sink any lower. They’ve hit Rocky Bottom.
they are self imposing death penalty on the program

(borrowed that, but so true at this point)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

Would fulmer seriously consider Tee Martin? I wonder if Diane Sanford called her bank this afternoon to order a new box of checks?
I think he is the only one who would take the job right now. With Fulmer as AD no real coach would take it. Most coaches know what Fulmer is, and outside of a UT alum none want anything to do with him. He has a bad rep among most coaches. They are tight knit group and know what he did when he was coach. Who would put their future and career in his hands? UT is in a ditch, most turned them down before Fulmer, I think Fulmer makes it more difficult to find a coach. Do you or anyone think going there now would BOOST you image or career? No coach has the ability to turn them around fast. They are in way more trouble than just bad coaching. They have very little SEC caliber talent, the team is a mess, admin is a mess. I just do not see it turning around for years, as a HC would you want to be linked with this program right now?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.