NCAA docks Ole Miss 13 schollies, two year bowl ban

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Re: NCAA hammers Ole Miss

Wondering if Ole Sis will appeal? Won't really matter because the official damage is done. Will be interesting to see how the Ole Sis faithful react.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

And please bring Benito with you.
Really depends on the wording of the penalties - we'll have to wait and see what it says. Typically, the transfer applies only to those who will not be able to play in a bowl game their senior year (which would mean juniors this season). Both Brown and Benito are sophomores, so typically, the transfer rule wouldn't apply here, but there is precedence for allowing underclassmen to leave as well (as additional punishment).

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Really depends on the wording of the penalties - we'll have to wait and see what it says. Typically, the transfer applies only to those who will not be able to play in a bowl game their senior year (which would mean juniors this season). Both Brown and Benito are sophomores, so typically, the transfer rule wouldn't apply here, but there is precedence for allowing underclassmen to leave as well (as additional punishment).
I see no way Shea Patterson stays there after his injury and the fact that the new QB played well.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I see no way Shea Patterson stays there after his injury and the fact that the new QB played well.
Or maybe the new QB decides to transfer somewhere since he would have no penalty.

Patterson is probably gone, though. He only went to OM when Hugh hired his brother as a GA.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL

The NCAA finally showing some teeth again. Hope those 2 wins over Bama were worth it Rebs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

He's a sophomore, so unless the NCAA allows underclassmen to leave, he'll have to sit out a year.
Would there have to be some sort special request(s) from individual players to the NCAA for special dispensations for underclassmen to leave with no sit out requirements? Thought I saw where somebody said there`s a precedent.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Wondering if Ole Sis will appeal? Won't really matter because the official damage is done. Will be interesting to see how the Ole Sis faithful react.
Doesn't matter. After we successfully appealed, the NCAA changed the appeal rules to make it virtually impossible for a school to successfully appeal.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Does the two year bowl ban mean that those players who will be a junior or senior this coming year will be allowed to transfer without sitting out a year?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

IMO, every player should be allowed to transfer when something like this happens. I don't feel sorry for the players - they knew what they were signing up for - but the cost would be greater for a school if they lost all of their top talent to transfers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.