You can't spell dysfunction without FSU - players revolt (update: Jimbo resigns)

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Re: You can't spell dysfunction without FSU - players revolt...

That is just wrong. What is wrong with honoring your commitment and coaching up to the last game? I mean, what has Jimbo gained by jumping ship the day before his last regular season game? This makes him look (more) terrible.
I imagine FSU forced the issue given all of the publicity. I assume they wanted him gone if he were planning to leave.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Wow. This takes head coaching money to a new level: Texas A&M officials have approved a 10-year, $75 million dollar contract for Jimbo Fisher, which is the richest deal in college football history in terms of total value, according to Mark Schlabach and ESPN..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Wow. This takes head coaching money to a new level: Texas A&M officials have approved a 10-year, $75 million dollar contract for Jimbo Fisher, which is the richest deal in college football history in terms of total value, according to Mark Schlabach and ESPN..
And knowing the Aggies, there's probably no buyout if he willingly leaves but they'll owe him all of it if they fire him, with no salary offset for future employment... :biggrin:

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

Mullen may mop up on all the Florida talent now. Of course, it depends on who free shoes hires.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

Mark Richt must be just sitting there, giggling to himself about the state of the Florida and Florida State programs.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

That is just wrong. What is wrong with honoring your commitment and coaching up to the last game? I mean, what has Jimbo gained by jumping ship the day before his last regular season game? This makes him look (more) terrible.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

And knowing the Aggies, there's probably no buyout if he willingly leaves but they'll owe him all of it if they fire him, with no salary offset for future employment... :biggrin:
They (the aggies) are saying this is the biggest coaching coup in college football in the last 40 years.

I guess 2007 is mysteriously missing from their calendars?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

ATm told him to, (uh, how do I say this?) , told him to hurry up or get off the pot.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Sounds like FSU will reach out to Willie Taggert of Oregon. Interesting but not that surprising considering his success as the South Florida coach..

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

they got such a good roi with their previous hire...

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama

ATm told him to, (uh, how do I say this?) , told him to hurry up or get off the pot.
aggsy boosters are known for their impatience. Back in the 1970's they bought a gold Trans-Am for Eric Dickerson when he verbally committed to aTm - he drove it for 3 years while playing for SMU...

Back in 2002, they were negotiating with Denise Fraudchionne at least as early as that summer, if not before, and allegedly gave him a "handshake" deal the day after our infamous 31-0 win at LSu, and Coach Fraud's bizarre post game outburst at Coach Saban.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

Cannot spell SNAFU without FSU either, and that is about the size of that situation.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

Mark Richt must be just sitting there, giggling to himself about the state of the Florida and Florida State programs.
Miami will own the state of Florida now.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Deondre Francois on twitter just now "No call, no text, you could of said something ..." :eek2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Deondre Francois on twitter just now "No call, no text, you could of said something ..." :eek2:
Deondre doesn't have much room to talk. He skipped senior day, and Jimbo described it as "player discretion" when asked about it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.