Question: What if auburn loses to georgia?

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Re: What if auburn looses to georgia?

If auburn loses to Georgia? My first thought is PARTY!!! My second thought is does this help us or hurt us - but still PARTY! :)
Love this! I'm flying to Honolulu tomorrow, and when we land the game should be just about over. PARTY in Hawaii is what I'm hoping for. :party:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

According to that interactive computer model someone posted yesterday, a Georgia win helps us about 1% more than an Auburn win. Of course, each category only calculates for one event, not a combination.
Yeah, I've seen the posts regarding the computer model, but the model will not be making the selection on Sunday. It's debatable as to whether that's a good/bad thing.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I am certainly no auburn fan, but if Kerryon is close to healthy I don't see UGA beating auburn. I may be proved wrong, but I just do not think Gus leaves auburn win or lose. Yes, I know if he stays at auburn he will on again/off again the hot seat. A 10-4 or 11-3 season will keep him on the plains. Does Fayetteville even have a Waffle House? :rolleye2:

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA

Yeah, we later saw how erroneous that model was. Under no circumstance could it help Alabama, though it would not matter at all if TCU wins. So hope that TCU wins so we call all pull for GA (except for 92, who is never pulling for GA).
Yeah, I know the model is flawed. That's why everyone, myself included, can't seem to figure out who helps us the most by winning the SECCG. Or if that game especially even matters to us.

Of course, as long as there are humans involved making decisions, any computer model can only be so accurate.

crtide

1st Team
Jul 19, 2007
Gadsden, AL
I hate Aubrens too, but there is a scenario where them winning tomorrow could work out well for us. While it doesn't affect our playoff chances whether UGA or Barn wins tomorrow (our chances depend upon outcomes of other games), if we do get in, we have the enticing possibility of revenging our loss to them like our 2011 loss to L7U (however farfetched this may seem). The downsides of a Barn win over UGA are that we do not get in and (heaven forbid) Barn wins a championship or a.nightmare scenario where we get in and Barn beats us again for a championship. Under that scenario, only North Korea could help us.

Last edited:

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
The only good possibility from the barn winning tomorrow is us getting in and getting another shot at the boogs. Beating them in the semi would cure my iron bowl depression.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
If the barn looses to Ga it would be a good day for me. Regardless of any impact (if any) to our making the play offs. I am more concerned with other games for obvious reasons... I am ok with revenge next season at BDS. Would love nothing more than to make playoffs, win and win NC #17. RTR

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

I HATE to say this to you B1G, but there truly is something about living in the Bama/Flora region after a Bama loss to Auburn. It's something else entirely. My whole life growing up Bama was losing to Auburn and their fans, even grown adults, were insufferable about it in front of and to children. I was teased, nay, mocked relentlessly for YEARS. I don't think about Auburn very often and I don't care what their coaching staff does or keep up with their personnel but I want them to lose every game they play in from now until the rapture.

I understand what you are saying, but every Bama fan, in some capacity is thinking about Auburn losing their next game. And even though it would be to Georgia it would be semi-sweet that it was to the hands of a longtime Bama coordinator.
I've lived in Mobile, Alabama; Atlanta, Georgia and in Colorado. Have been a Bama fan since 78. I did have a guy say something about my jersey last Saturday evening but my quarrel with him was simply: "have some class" not that my fandom was superior to his.

I really don't think much of Auburn. Sure, it's great to beat them but if we don't, we don't. I think both fan bases are a little more thin-skinned than your average fan out there. When we lost last week I was disappointed like everyone else but I don't understand the obsession with the "other guys". I personally despise UT and UGA more but I still won't obsess over them. Sure, it's funny when they screw up but it's just that we're having some fun at their expense. No big deal.

I'm more concerned with what our team does. It's been said that golf is a special sport because you're playing against the course while competing against other golfers. I tend to look at life and football like that. You are really only competing against yourself. CNS seems to believe that too. I think that's a good way to go about living and maybe going about being a fan.

If we don't get in, I'll probably be pulling for either an SEC team to win or Clemson (assuming they get in).

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
If aubs lose, I celebrate, as all the aub fans here will go back into hiding. I live 50 miles from auburn, the more they lose the better it is here for Bama fans. They lose and local dumpsters will fill up with aub garb. They all hide here when they lose. Like roaches when the lights come on, they scurry back into the dark.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The only good possibility from the barn winning tomorrow is us getting in and getting another shot at the boogs. Beating them in the semi would cure my iron bowl depression.
And the committee would understand Iron Bowl 2 would be a great game of national interest..not just folks in Bama.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
The possibility of Auburn losing and the subsequent departure of Gus to Arkansas appeals to me because of the comedy it would produce.

krs4bama

Nov 27, 2017
I prefer Bama to make the playoffs of course, however the Barn losing is always a beautiful thing!!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If Bama has a "0" chance of getting in, I hope UGA beats the Barn real, real, real bad. If we could get in and the Barn wins, what IF we lose to the Barn AGAIN.

Then I'd know we were at the END of the END TIMES!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.