All the talk about Ohio vs Bama wins, what about the losses

Bamagradandmom

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 26, 2017
Listening to all the guys talk about Ohio wins being so much better than ours, it's funny how none of them are talking about the losses.
We lost 1 game to our rival, in their house, with a very injured defense. The committee gives consideration for injuries, example Clemson losing to Syracuse.
Ohio State has 2 losses, OU in their own house, and a 31 Point loss to an unranked Iowa.
Am I missing something or just can't see straight due to my Crimson glasses?

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
I agree. And they already set the precedence of letting in a non conference team. And who is that team? Ohio State!! This STINKS of favoritism. When it benefits Ohio State, forget the conf championship thing. When it benefits Ohio State, conf championship is what matters!! All I REALLY want is consistency. THAT is why the BCS point system worked so much better. This system of just putting the whole thing in the hands of an elite few (several of which have a dog in the fight) sucks big time.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Listening to all the guys talk about Ohio wins being so much better than ours, it's funny how none of them are talking about the losses.
We lost 1 game to our rival, in their house, with a very injured defense. The committee gives consideration for injuries, example Clemson losing to Syracuse.
Ohio State has 2 losses, OU in their own house, and a 31 Point loss to an unranked Iowa.
Am I missing something or just can't see straight due to my Crimson glasses?
And why did they put the non-division winning OSU in last year? Because the division winning conference champions had 2 losses. Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaInCummingGA#1

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming,GA
Remember one thing, especially those who post on here who just loved the idea of this payoff thing, the committee was set up specifically to keep two SEC teams from being in the playoff/championship game again. Period.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Apparently that 31 point loss to Iowa and the 16 point home loss to Okie have been officially forgotten.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
History lesson. 2016 2 loss Penn State was 7 going into the B1G CCG. They finished 5th. There were ZERO 1 loss power 5 teams behind them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamagradandmom

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 26, 2017
Remember one thing, especially those who post on here who just loved the idea of this payoff thing, the committee was set up specifically to keep two SEC teams from being in the playoff/championship game again. Period.
Being sarcastic here, wasn't it set up to get the 4 BEST teams?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.