Bama vs Clemson part 3

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
I bet the pick plays will be a point of emphasis our defense will be working on during the game prep. Because I tell you from watching Clemson play this year. They run them A LOT. "A LOT" meaning the entire game. They rarely get called for picks.
Bit off topic of thread. But, in the SEC Championship game yesterday, GD went out of his way to speak to the winning TD in the National Championship game last year against clemson. Forgot, what team it was called on yesterday, but the pick was called a penalty and thats when GD spoke up...

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Bit off topic of thread. But, in the SEC Championship game yesterday, GD went out of his way to speak to the winning TD in the National Championship game last year against clemson. Forgot, what team it was called on yesterday, but the pick was called a penalty and thats when GD spoke up...
NM.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
If we simply execute on Offense, RUN THE FOOTBALL, and heal up some Defensive players then, given the time to prepare...WE ROLL!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
4 things our defense has not done well this year (Add tackling to that list). If we can improve on say 3 out of the 5, we have a good shot, but my biggest fear (which I will need plenty of talking down from) is if these things are still problems at this point in the year, how much can be fixed?
1. We had injuries at LB.
2. WE had injuries at LB.
3. We had injuries at LB.

To fix the problems of tackling...
1. We get the injured LBs back.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
What is the best way to defend them? They are illegal for a reason. I sometimes wonder if the defender should "flop" like taking a charge in basketball to try for a penalty; of course, this would result in a totally undefended receiver (but then they usually are anyway).
DB/Safety communicating and making sure they switch or cut in front of them

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
1. We had injuries at LB.
2. WE had injuries at LB.
3. We had injuries at LB.

To fix the problems of tackling...
1. We get the injured LBs back.
While I do agree getting the starting LB's back will go A LONG ways in stopping Clemson. It simply doesn't end there. Clemson truly is an elite team. They really are and I think you know that as well. They can match us man for man on just about any position on the field. In a detailed breakdown (which JESSN will probably do) they are (man to man) better than us at some positions. But Alabama is better at some positions as well. It's going to take a championship performance to beat them. Not just getting some starters back. They will have to play elite to win. Because one thing Clemson seems to be able to do is "Show Up" in games that matter the past three years or so. This will be a heavy weight title match no doubt. We need to show up with our big boy pants on and show up in a very, very bad mood.

Last edited:

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
I believe Saban will absolutely be relishing playing the underdog card with this team.
Alabama; underdog? Disrespected? Undeserving? And, you gave us a mulligan.
Watch this, RTR!

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Run the football is the key...
Against Clemson you have got to be able to pass to open up the run game. Otherwise they are going to overload the box and stop the run. Then it will be a long night.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Against Clemson you have got to be able to pass to open up the run game. Otherwise they are going to overload the box and stop the run. Then it will be a long night.
I was referring to running the ball with your running backs and giving them ample amount of carries ...not abandoning the pass...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Someone needs to cover that wide receiver, #13, I think Renfrow is his name. He hasn't been effectively covered in the past two NC's. Someone needs to stick like glue to him the entire game.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
That is the way it should be. If you want to win the championship play like champions. Bama does have to play its best
While I do agree getting the starting LB's back will go A LONG ways in stopping Clemson. It simply doesn't end there. Clemson truly is an elite team. They really are and I think you know that as well. They can match us man for man on just about any position on the field. In a detailed breakdown (which JESSN will probably do) they are (man to man) better than us at some positions. But Alabama is better at some positions as well. It's going to take a championship performance to beat them. Not just getting some starters back. They will have to play elite to win. Because one thing Clemson seems to be able to do is "Show Up" in games that matter the past three years or so. This will be a heavy weight title match no doubt. We need to show up with our big boy pants on and show up in a very, very bad mood.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.