Bama vs Clemson part 3

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I don't think they typically announce the refs ahead of time - too much of a chance for malfeasance...
I did some more checking and learned our game will be a PAC-12 crew. That's what I was interested in learning. I should have been more clear. You are probably correct that they don't reveal actual names. The Georgia- Oklahoma game will be ACC officials.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I did some more checking and learned our game will be a PAC-12 crew. That's what I was interested in learning. I should have been more clear. You are probably correct that they don't reveal actual names. The Georgia- Oklahoma game will be ACC officials.
I was afraid it would be the PAC 12.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Count me was officially nervous.

Alabama might have used up all their luck just getting in. This is probably the toughest field we have seen yet in the playoff, and now things took a turn for the worse. There's now a black cloud hanging over both the offense (with issues that need to be addressed) and defense (with an outgoing OC).

Now, if anyone can handle this it is Nick Saban, but Alabama is entering the playoffs with more question marks than any other team, that's for sure. The problem is they don't just have to overcome these issues for one game, they can't just put all their focus on that, they have to overcome them for two games...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You were very confident going into the Iron Bowl while the rest of us knew the voodoo was going to be strong in JH. Please, don't tell us to relax and be so confident.
My only concern was the stadium, and I said so in my posts. But I believed then, and I believe now. But stress if it makes you feel better somehow.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe we should all come onto the board tomorrow and list all of the reasons that Alabama won't win. Maybe once you have convinced yourselves that you are done and buried you will relax enough to enjoy the game.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
You were very confident going into the Iron Bowl while the rest of us knew the voodoo was going to be strong in JH. Please, don't tell us to relax and be so confident.
I don't know if the JH voodoo comment was t-i-c, but AU was 9-8 vs P5 teams in JH and Bama had won 3 of 4 there. AU was hot and played well, Bama was struggling coming in and simply continued to stink it up with bad coaching and bad playing. Not saying playing at home is not an advantage, but the facts say that JH is overstated.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't know if the JH voodoo comment was t-i-c, but AU was 9-8 vs P5 teams in JH and Bama had won 3 of 4 there. AU was hot and played well, Bama was struggling coming in and simply continued to stink it up with bad coaching and bad playing. Not saying playing at home is not an advantage, but the facts say that JH is overstated.
It really only applies when they are good. Those numbers include years when they struggle to beat teams like Arkansas.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I was serious. It's evident they don't evenly disperse the voodoo (hence the record you posted). In their good years (2013 being the prime example), they unload the voodoo.

No, we didn't play well and they did. They didn't have to use much of the voodoo against Alabama because of our poor play.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Big, here's the problem: If you want to remove the RPO from the playbook, Then we're taking away Jalen's best asset: His legs. But I can see where you're coming from this and I actually do agree. Clemson will be looking for RPO and Jalen to take off in a hurry. now if we can find a way to fake the RPO in different ways, we should be okay. At this point, It's how much Jalen can buy into the game plan and executing it to perfection.

Bottom line: Players has to want it more than Clemson and do little things that matters the most in the game.
removing RPO wouldn't have to completely remove jalen's running ability from the game. We've run a lot of IZR/OZR as well as some interesting WR option runs all year. We can still include a smattering of those ASSUMING Jalen makes better decisions. In the last several games of the year he kept quite a few reads he should have given to the RBs. The issue with the RPO against a front like Clemson is that since the OL doesn't know if it's a pass or run, they can't just fire off with intent to maul their man. If a play is a pure run (even if a zone-read), the OL can come out will ill intent which we'll need against that bunch. Jalen can, of course, also take off and run on pass plays that break down, but if we are going to be successful, he needs to hold on just a count or two longer, and get deeper into his reads so we get the ball out to the WRs.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Maybe we should all come onto the board tomorrow and list all of the reasons that Alabama won't win. Maybe once you have convinced yourselves that you are done and buried you will relax enough to enjoy the game.
that's pretty much been every thread since we got into the playoffs ;)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I like looking at this site for direct stats comparisons: http://myteamsbetter.com/#HOME
I like this site as well. I haven't done my analysis of the Clemson team this season, and figure out what is their strength and weakness.

To have a chance... we have to utilize screens effectively. Jalen must find a way to get the ball out of his hand in three seconds or less. We could develop plays where it calls for quick passes across the middle field, or something like that. We also need to establish the running game. Wear Clemson Defense down by 3rd quarter. Find a way to utilize our RBs in different way. Take a chance down the field once in a while. Let Jeudy, Smith, Ruggs make a play.

Defense: We know Pruitt will love to blitz, and I actually don't have problem with that, because It's Kelly Bryant. This kid is real good and at same time, he's not effective in red zone opportunities. We have to put pressure on him on almost every plays and get off the field on 3rd downs. We want to limit their 3rd down big plays. Do those things and we will be fine.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
I like this site as well. I haven't done my analysis of the Clemson team this season, and figure out what is their strength and weakness.

To have a chance... we have to utilize screens effectively. Jalen must find a way to get the ball out of his hand in three seconds or less. We could develop plays where it calls for quick passes across the middle field, or something like that. We also need to establish the running game. Wear Clemson Defense down by 3rd quarter. Find a way to utilize our RBs in different way. Take a chance down the field once in a while. Let Jeudy, Smith, Ruggs make a play.

Defense: We know Pruitt will love to blitz, and I actually don't have problem with that, because It's Kelly Bryant. This kid is real good and at same time, he's not effective in red zone opportunities. We have to put pressure on him on almost every plays and get off the field on 3rd downs. We want to limit their 3rd down big plays. Do those things and we will be fine.
Clemson strength is far and away their defensive line, it's as good as any (their other strength is that they do not have any glaring weakness other than FG kicker). LBs are very good but are a bit green. DBs are somewhat of a weakness, but overall the D is just tough. Offense is balanced, but it can be inconsistent. WR corp is very good and RBs are underrated. OL is solid but not great. Bryant is wild card. When he's playing well (as he did their last 2 games) clemson becomes very good, but if he gets flustered their offense can struggle. This is Bryant's first time on this stage so if Bama can rattle him early that might throw their offense off. I think Bama D can keep their offense somewhat in check, but the concern is scoring points on their D.

Bama can't let clemson WRs beat them. They are fast and talented and will test Bama DBs. I like Bama's DL versus clemson OL & RBs in running game, but not sure if we can pressure them enough ans Bryant gets rid of ball quickly. Having watched a lot of both teams this year I think oddsmakers got it right, the game is a bit of a tossup on paper. To me, it has to do with healthy Bama versus unhealthy Bama. If Bama has enough starters back and at or near 100% I think they win. If not enough are back and/or at full speed them clemson may prove too talented.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.