Bama vs Clemson part 3

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Obviously Bama will be ranked 4th and Clemson 1st in the CFP. Which means they will play the first round. That being the case will Bama be healthy enough to beat Clemson? Also obviously we need to be better offensively to win. The way we played in the IB won't work vs Clemson. I'm hoping we incorporate a running and short passing game into our game plan. Unfortunately I haven't watched Clemson enough to know what their weakness is on defense (unlike au which is outside running game with lead blockers, not inside and quick passes). Has anyone watched Clemson enough to give any insight on how Bama may game plan for them?

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
Obviously Bama will be ranked 4th and Clemson 1st in the CFP. Which means they will play the first round. That being the case will Bama be healthy enough to beat Clemson? Also obviously we need to be better offensively to win. The way we played in the IB won't work vs Clemson. I'm hoping we incorporate a running and short passing game into our game plan. Unfortunately I haven't watched Clemson enough to know what their weakness is on defense (unlike au which is outside running game with lead blockers, not inside and quick passes). Has anyone watched Clemson enough to give any insight on how Bama may game plan for them?
Why the high level of confidence that Bama will be number 4? I hope you are right, but I am thinking 50/50 at best based what I have read.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Because 1. I watched OSU and Wisconsin play. 2. There is no way anyone can defend a 31 point loss to Iowa who played with a backup qb who plays LB normally. People want to brush that aside and talk about wins but a top 4 team doesn't lose by 31 to anybody. 3. I have confidence in the committee and don't believe in all the conspiracy theories that most here throw out.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
Because 1. I watched OSU and Wisconsin play. 2. There is no way anyone can defend a 31 point loss to Iowa who played with a backup qb who plays LB normally. People want to brush that aside and talk about wins but a top 4 team doesn't lose by 31 to anybody. 3. I have confidence in the committee and don't believe in all the conspiracy theories that most here throw out.
Fair, thanks for sharing. I think my biggest concerns are money (too many southern teams..probably ties to your "conspiracy" comment), two SEC teams getting in (afraid it won't happen again after Bama vs LSU), SoS (tOSUs is slightly better), and more marquee victories for tOSU.

Flip side, Bama is considered the better team by almost everyone not wearing tOSU goggles, that 31 point loss is HUGE...no great team gets beat down like that, hasn't been a 2 loss team make it to the show since the old LSU team, and the B1G has flat out stunk up the CFPs the past two seasons (to the tune of 69 - 0).

I am very nervous, but also very hopeful the committee fields the 4 best teams.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
If OSU had played those teams close, still lost, and won vs Wisconsin I'd say they are in but they were huge point losses and no amount of wins can erase that.

No need to be nervous. Enjoy your night and trust me, it will be alright at 11 a. m. today.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
If both Bama and Georgia get in, expect them to be matched up in the first round to eliminate the possibility of an all-SEC final.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If both Bama and Georgia get in, expect them to be matched up in the first round to eliminate the possibility of an all-SEC final.
Doubtful. We will be matched with Clemson for a prime time game in NOLA.

OU vs UGA in the Rose and Clemson vs Alabama rubber match would be the biggest tickets.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
I think we can get in, but it’s certainly not a lock.
One of the problems I have with OSU getting my in is, they already did OSU a favor last season by putting them in after they didn’t win thier conference, but had only 1 loss, but now they should switch things up and put them in for winning thier conference but having 2 losses?
What are they going to do in 2018, come up with yet another way to get OSU in?

I know it’s going to be controversial if Alabama gets in, but maybe even more so if OSU gets in, they will start looking like the playoff committee’s “pet” program.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I love that you will get another shot at them this year. I also love that you will get them as your first game in the playoff. Saban is almost impossible to beat when he has that much time to prepare for a team.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think we can get in, but it’s certainly not a lock.
One of the problems I have with OSU getting my in is, they already did OSU a favor last season by putting them in after they didn’t win thier conference, but had only 1 loss, but now they should switch things up and put them in for winning thier conference but having 2 losses?
What are they going to do in 2018, come up with yet another way to get OSU in?

I know it’s going to be controversial if Alabama gets in, but maybe even more so if OSU gets in, they will start looking like the playoff committee’s “pet” program.
I know the Ohio State AD is on the committee this year, was he on it last year?

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
1-Georgia
2-Clemson
3-Okie
4-Bama

That will sooth the SEC hate a little (not the BIG10/PAC10 butthurt). And make for two very good football games ... unless you are Georgia :eek::eek2::biggrin:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm not sure if anybody watched the Clemson game. But their defensive front is far better than Auburn's. Heck, I'd almost go out on a limb and say it's not even close. They are that dominant. According to Herbie and Fowler on their broadcast, Clemson is now at full strength and healthy. If we get Clemson the first round (assuming we get in), the offensive "kinks" better be worked out because they are truly capable of shutting us out the entire game. Oh, BTW, they've figured out how to use Kelly Bryant and their offense is as potent as ever.

As it stands right now, it doesn't matter whether it's Bama or OSU. I don't see either team beating Clemson if they're paired up in the first round.

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Clemson is clicking on offense right now. Go ahead and spot them 24-28 points.

Their defense is NASTY too. It's going to be impossible to score 30+ points with the type of offensive performances we've had lately.

We will HAVE to establish and stick with running the ball with Damien/Bo/Josh. We also HAVE to start making some plays consistently in the passing game. No more slow developing passing plays that turn into QB keepers.

I didn't think I would EVER say this (this year)....But I honestly think we HAVE to give Tua a shot to sling the ball around to keep us from being 1 dimensional.

It's an impossibly unfair ask to throw him to the wolves but the kid has some Moxie and I think he could handle it. Jalen could always come off the bench if it doesn't work.

My biggest fear is sticking with Jalen and the same scattershot offense and going down with the sinking ship while Tua just stays on the bench and we say 'What-if??" all offseason.

If we get in as the #4 seed we have nothing to lose. It's a second chance to try something else. It's Tua time.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I would say their defense (from a Bama fan's perspective) is scarier than their offense right now. And yes, you are completely accurate when you say they are clicking on all cylinders on offense as well. But from our perspective, that defense scares me the most. I can truly see them shutting us out the entire game. Their that dominant across the defensive line. Again, assuming we get in, the staff will need to put together an offensive game plan that doesn't require our OL to have to stay engaged on blocks very long. Playaction passing and slow developing pass plays need to be scrapped for this game. Jalen will have about 2-2.5 seconds to throw the ball before he'*****.

Clemson is clicking on offense right now. Go ahead and spot them 24-28 points.

Their defense is NASTY too. It's going to be impossible to score 30+ points with the type of offensive performances we've had lately.

We will HAVE to establish and stick with running the ball with Damien/Bo/Josh. We also HAVE to start making some plays consistently in the passing game. No more slow developing passing plays that turn into QB keepers.

I didn't think I would EVER say this (this year)....But I honestly think we HAVE to give Tua a shot to sling the ball around to keep us from being 1 dimensional.

It's an impossibly unfair ask to throw him to the wolves but the kid has some Moxie and I think he could handle it. Jalen could always come off the bench if it doesn't work.

My biggest fear is sticking with Jalen and the same scattershot offense and going down with the sinking ship while Tua just stays on the bench and we say 'What-if??" all offseason.

If we get in as the #4 seed we have nothing to lose. It's a second chance to try something else. It's Tua time.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I agree we would struggle mightily with Clemson. The effort and game plan we had against the Barn would get us run out of the dome, same for Lsu and MSu We would need significant changes to have a chance against Clemson's defense. I agree you have to be in it to win it, but ....

I think the key in that game would be our offensive line vs their defensive line. I prefer not to think about it right now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.