What are your go to news sources?

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I'm good friends with the News Director of one our local network affiliates, so out of loyalty that's what I watch/read for local news.

I'm curious, what are your go to sources on national/ global news? I recently started watching BBC America a little bit.
Any websites you trust to bring you, if not unbiased at least balanced news coverage.
I'm so tired of the agendas being driven by the big time "News Talk" platforms.

Thanks

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Probably, not popular here, but Fox News... (If nothing else, they have assembled the best eye candy in the industry). :)

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
The key is to have several sources of varying stripes. I follow various sources, including but not limited to:

The Guardian
NPR
Fox News
CNN

And I highly recommend RealClearPolitics.com for op eds.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
al.com
Google News
Huffington Post
NPR
Local TV News websites
Time website

New York Times online

As Dzyn said, TideFans can be a good source of news as long as a link is provided in the post.

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Babylon Bee [emoji1]

Seriously though I use the Apple News app. I don’t know how many news sources I have checked to put links in my newsfeed. I try to read widely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
On my Apple TV, I find Reuters to be the least sensational and generally most balanced.
My mother-in-law who lives and dies by whatever NBC says and loves Matt Lauer has gone into mourning.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
In all seriousness, I have MSN as my home page and link a lot of stories from that. I also have a couple of "alternative" chat boards that post a lot of good material as well that I usually link back to TFNS.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
don't have a go to source but i'd say my go to aggregator is google news at this time, if something interests me I will read everything I can on it

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
The Onion, Babylon Bee and Infowars.

I’m not much of a news junkie, so it’s really only blue font for the last one. Apparently it’s all fake news anyway.

I do wake up to the local NBC station’s morning news, but it’s before I’ve had my caffeine fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I prefer Reuters. I'll browse Reddit too, but the subs on there can be pretty bias. For local news, I don't watch it. I'll read the Atlanta sub on Reddit and maybe checkout AJC.com from time to time.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
My wife and I watch CNN and some MSNBC. I also like The Hill for online news. I really don't like any of the morning shows on any network! Sometimes I'll tune in to Fox news for comic relief.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.