Poll: Who wins the Georgia-Oklahoma game?

Who do you think wins the Georgia-Oklahoma game?

• Georgia

Votes: 61 56.0%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 48 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
They gave up over 40 points to Baylor - who lost to Liberty U.

They got beat by an Iowa State team playing a LB at QB.

I'm not sure they've played a defense as good as Georgia's; but they will probably get their share of points.

If they give up 40 or more to Georgia, I like Georgia to win handily.

Will be fun to watch. Can Georgia's offense grind the clock AND score TDs? Can their defense disrupt Mayfield and frustrate him?

Kirby can get Georgia in the NC in his second season. Impressive.
Jonathan Vilma on ESPN said that Oklahoma DBs do not have the heart to stop Georgia's running backs.
All the other talking heads raised their eyebrows at that statement, but he stood by it. We'll see.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This is actually good game for Ok-Georgia because Clemson and Alabama will be checking what worked and what didn't work against them. Kirby has some history against Oklahoma and I think Defense can slow them down.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Jonathan Vilma on ESPN said that Oklahoma DBs do not have the heart to stop Georgia's running backs.
All the other talking heads raised their eyebrows at that statement, but he stood by it. We'll see.
I would have loved to see that.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I would like to see Georgia win, but I do not think they can stop the Sooners offense. Baker Mayfield sure gets rid of that ball quickly. Maybe if UGA players can keep him on his backside. However, I don't think they can get to him before he's already thrown the ball down the field for another TD.

This could be much worse than the 1st UGA game vs the Barn. I honestly don't think Bama can either. Please prove me wrong.

If I had to predict who would win the NC, Oklahoma would be my pick, if I had $$$$$$$$ on the game.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I have dogged OK and the conference for not playing against quality defenses. This should answer that question and as much as I would love an all SEC final, I agree with many here that Mayfield will be a whole lot of hoss to keep in the barn.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
The Heisman Trophy winner always seems to lay an egg in the bowl game after receiving the award. I'm hoping Mayfield carries on that tradition.

I think Georgia's offense controls the clock and keeps Mayfield on the sideline. The Dawgs win in a close one.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I think Georgia can beat them at least on defense. Georgia's defense is pretty fast and comparable to LSU's (which would be able to contain these types of teams). If they can do that, I think the Dawgs' offense can overrun them on the ground.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
The Heisman Trophy winner always seems to lay an egg in the bowl game after receiving the award. I'm hoping Mayfield carries on that tradition.

I think Georgia's offense controls the clock and keeps Mayfield on the sideline. The Dawgs win in a close one.
I don't remember Mark Ingram laying an egg against Texas ;-)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It depends on whether or not the Georgia offense can sustain drives and score TDs, keeping Mayfield and the OU offense off the field. I don’t have confidence in Kirby’s defense.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
If UGA can score 42 they will win...this will be a high-scoring game. Not sure UGA can hang with them with a freshman QB. OTOH, not totally sure UO can stop UGA's running attack. Should be a good one...

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I’d like to think UGA can pull it off, but I doubt it. I agree that Oklahoma hasn’t seen a D like Georgia’s all year, but the same can be true about Georgia’s defense and Oklahoma’s offense. Mayfield has veteran experience and he has weapons all over the field. If it’s a close game I’d be perfectly comfortable giving the ball to Mayfield to win it. Say what you will about his character and antics, but the dude can ball. I wouldn’t say the same thing about Fromm as a frosh.

Talent wise I figure they are fairly even, but Oklahoma is as hot as anyone in the country right now. They typically play to the level of their competition so I would expect them to come out firing on all cylinders. If they do I’m not sure if Georgia can keep up.

One caveat that might benefit UGA is Riley’s age. Who knows if he truly knows how to manage the month off and how to put together a championship level gameplan. Kirby has won enough with Saban that he should be very solid in that aspect.

I would pick OU 27-21. Lower scoring game with UGA failing to come back late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If UGA can score 42 they will win...this will be a high-scoring game. Not sure UGA can hang with them with a freshman QB. OTOH, not totally sure UO can stop UGA's running attack. Should be a good one...
I agree - the Sooners are going to score their points. GA needs to score more. 35 should be enough, but it will probably take 35 points to win. Against the Sooners defense, GA may run for 300 yards. I really like GA's chances in this game. It is a good match-up for them and Smart's defense handles the spread very well.

Also, prepping for Auburn twice means that they know exactly what they need to do in this game.

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
I think UGA wins this one. I only saw Oklahoma play once this season - against Oklahoma St. Seems as if those Big 12 teams only have a defensive unit just to take the field for a couple of minutes while the offensive players catch their breath. I think us old timers at the VFW could hang about 50 on 'em.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
I posted this in another thread:
Went and checked the drives allowed in the games vs the teams you mentioned. Ga vs Florida 12 drives, vs Tennessee 14 drives, vs Ga tech 9 drives. Just wanted to see if Ga was allowing less drives in those games as Ga scored a lot of points in those games. Figured they may have ran more or kept the ball away from the opposing team but they didn't. Their average was the same. With the other teams having just about the equal number of drives in both halves. To win Ga will need to limit the number of drives okie have during the game. Need to research this from the offensive side as well. How many teams did Ga face that are close to okie in offensive efficiency/scoring. Will try and get back with that info shortly.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I voted Oklahoma, simply because I can see Mayfield tearing it up against Georgia. But, after reading some of the comments, I am hopeful that Georgia can run enough on them to win the game. I sure hope that you guys are right, and I am wrong, and Georgia wins. I think that we match up with Georgia better than Oklahoma. Assuming that we get past Auburn on the lake.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
I think same can be said about UGA defense not seeing an offense this fast before (Aub not withstanding) that can throw the ball with deadly accuracy. Should be a fun matchup to watch. Truthfully, Oklahoma is the one team in the final 4 that I would not want to have to game plan against.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.