Poll: Who wins the Georgia-Oklahoma game?

Who do you think wins the Georgia-Oklahoma game?

• Georgia

Votes: 61 56.0%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 48 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Seems most here like myself think OU can score more and may win. But defense wins titles, I HOPE. UGA should be able to run on OU defense. It all falls more on UGA defense stopping Mayfield, that is a big IF.I think either could win depending on which defense makes the plays. I got to pull for SEC and Kirby, but this is a uphill battle for them. Is OU any good at running back? Are they balanced? I know mayfield is great but does he have a good running game also? Not seen much about them but Mayfield. SEC defenses are better than what OU has faced most of the year in my opinion. Guess we will see which team executes best. IF UGA D can slow OU they got a shot. OU gets going it will be long day for UGA. I say this is a toss up game, depending on execution. Pretty evenly matched teams.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You seem pretty convinced that Georgia will prevail based almost solely on OU’s defensive stats alone. How soon we forget that Georgia got blown out by the barn 3 wks ago and gave up over 40 pts to Stidham and Co. Oklahoma is a much better team than auburn and I don’t thnk Georgia holds Oklahoma under 30 points. Georgia will get some points and yards but the Sooners will get much more.

Oklahoma wins this one in a romp.
You realize that GA learned from that game and destroyed Auburn last week, right? Furthermore, Stidham is Mayfield - same exact style and game. GA smothered Stidham in the rematch, but more importantly, GA has played OU in Auburn twice. GA knows how to beat the Sooners. The Sooners have no idea how to beat GA. They haven't faced a team remotely similar.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Another reason I think Oklahoma will win is that I think Oklahoma will just want it more. I'm not saying Georgia doesn't care but if Georgia loses they will feel like they've still had a successful season. Many fans thought that Georgia was still a year away from possibly winning the SEC, maybe Kirby felt that also. Oklahoma goes into every season thinking National Championship. They don't look at winning the Big 12 as a major accomplishment. Mayfield came back for his senior season specifically to win a NC. I think Georgia is at a huge disadvantage against any of the playoff teams because Georgia is the newcomer but the other 3 teams are all accustomed to playing big games and winning championships and consider anything less a failure.
When was last time OU was in championship game? I know they are not playoff veterans. So what big games and titles has any player on OU team played in? Bama and Clemson have experience in big games and play offs, UGA and OU not so much. Not sure what BIG games OU has seen lately. NOT one player on that team has any real BIG GAME experience as you called it. OU winning a NC years back has zero to do with todays game. BAMA and Clemson are only teams in playoff with actual players on the team who have seen these types of games. Heck OU HC was not HC when they last played in NC game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Correct me if I am wrong but did they make the CHAMPIONSHIP game or just playoff and lose in firt game?
Yes - the CFP is the championship. There are 2 games, but each is equally important. No one has ever won game 2 without first winning game 1.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Yes - the CFP is the championship. There are 2 games, but each is equally important. No one has ever won game 2 without first winning game 1.
Yes but losing one does not get you to the championship game, hence first game is called playoff for championship. There is only one CHAMPIONSHIP GAME and first playoff one is not it. NO one is awarded National Championship for winning first game, only the second. I know it is a technicality but there is only one CHAMPIONSHIP game by definition. No they are not equally important, we won game one, got NO trophy, Clemson on game 2 and got triophy, that is not equally important ask Bama and clemson which is MOST important. YES you must win game one to even get a shot at ................. GUESS WHAT.............Championship game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yes but losing one does not get you to the championship game, hence first game is called playoff for championship. There is only one CHAMPIONSHIP GAME and first playoff one is not it. NO one is awarded National Championship for winning first game, only the second. I know it is a technicality but there is only one CHAMPIONSHIP game by definition. No they are not equally important, we won game one, got NO trophy, Clemson on game 2 and got triophy, that is not equally important ask Bama and clemson which is MOST important. YES you must win game one to even get a shot at ................. GUESS WHAT.............Championship game.
Look, if you want to pretend that they don't have experience in these games after they played in one 2 years ago, fine.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
You realize that GA learned from that game and destroyed Auburn last week, right? Furthermore, Stidham is Mayfield - same exact style and game. GA smothered Stidham in the rematch, but more importantly, GA has played OU in Auburn twice. GA knows how to beat the Sooners. The Sooners have no idea how to beat GA. They haven't faced a team remotely similar.
Stidham progressed nicely as the season went on but he is NOT on the level of BM. Other than that, we shall see what happens on Jan. 1.😊

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I actually think OU will win and will have no problem at all scoring on Georgia's defense. Mayfield will give their defense fits. He has elite passing skills and I don't care what defense you stroll out there. With today's rules that favor the offense, you plug in a kid who can light up the field with his arm AND legs. They're bound to put a lot of points on the board.

While on the flip side, Georgia's inexperienced in the playoff era and though their freshman QB kept his cool in the SECCG. This environment will be an entirely different animal. I think OU wins by 10.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
OK, technically I should have said playoff game rather than championship game, I apologize, however the semifinal game has just as much pressure as a championship game. Georgia is the new kid on the block as far as these types of pressure playoff games so I think they're at a disadvantage there. That's what I was getting at. B1GTide understands was I was trying to say.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I actually think OU will win and will have no problem at all scoring on Georgia's defense. Mayfield will give their defense fits. He has elite passing skills and I don't care what defense you stroll out there. With today's rules that favor the offense, you plug in a kid who can light up the field with his arm AND legs. They're bound to put a lot of points on the board.

While on the flip side, Georgia's inexperienced in the playoff era and though their freshman QB kept his cool in the SECCG. This environment will be an entirely different animal. I think OU wins by 10.
Curious how you see us matching up with OU, supposing we both advance?

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
OK, technically I should have said playoff game rather than championship game, I apologize, however the semifinal game has just as much pressure as a championship game. Georgia is the new kid on the block as far as these types of pressure playoff games so I think they're at a disadvantage there. That's what I was getting at. B1GTide understands was I was trying to say.
Just joking no big deal I see UGA as new to it, OU barely exposed, by Far Clemson and Bama getting used to it. YES first game has a lot of pressure but the title game is a game in itself. Best part of Title game is not a lot of down time to over think it. No doubt Dabo and Saban know what to do to prepare, how to pace themselves and team. OU has one game at it UGA none. Just do not see one playoff 2 yrs ago as a lot of experience for most of OU active players. The one edge Bama and Clemson both have is multiple trips all the way to the last game.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Curious how you see us matching up with OU, supposing we both advance?
I think they score on us. Not because of any deficiencies with our defense but because it is very hard to keep an offense under 21 pts in today's college football when the offense has an above average QB. It's next to impossible to do with an elite qb. Whatever OU lacks on the defensive side of the ball they more than makeup for with their ability to put the ball in the endzone as fast and as often as they do.

For Alabama to win the game against OU they would have to either be able to play fastbreak offense with OU, or SLLLLOOOOOOOW the game down when they are on offense and bleed every second out of the playclock on every down and make every possession end in points of some sort.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Furthermore, Stidham is Mayfield - same exact style and game.
Wha?

Mayfield is far more dangerous as a scrambler. I know these stats exists in a bit of a vacuum, but goodness, Mayfield has had a spectacular year, despite being a class-A jerk.

I mean, they're both QBs, but Mayfield is FAR more dynamic. Stopping Stidham ≠ stopping Mayfield.

Attachments

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.