The FOX meltdown from the CFP selection

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Calmed down from what ? It's not like Ohio State is his team that he played for in college. I can understand Herbstreit and Galloway being upset but Klatt ? His network may be connected to the Big Ten but to take this so personally shows that he and some of the other talking heads have mental issues.
Calmed down from just screaming nonsense last night like Skip is still doing today.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
It's been said here plenty of times already but it's worth noting that all conferences are simply not created equal - in style of play, officiating, division setup (as Jess noted in a point that can't be stressed enough) and - perhaps most importantly, talent makeup.
Totally agree with this. A lot of fans who don't know any better (and some pundits who you can tell do not ever watch any SEC games) figure a team like Iowa is the same as Texas A&M just because they have equal records.

I have to say, going back and look at the committee's decisions in all four years, they have gotten it right every time. They certainly did last year. Ohio State was a better team than Penn State. I think they do the best combination of that and going by resume's. My impression of the playoff system was that it *was* supposed to deliver the 4 best teams period, not conference winners and not undefeated mid-majors. It has delivered. #5 and #6 so far have not had any argument that they are the BEST in the country. If you want a playoff, I think this is as good as it gets. BCS with 4 spots would be pretty much the same too.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Shannon is hilarious.

Unlike Kanell, Skip does not believe a word he himself says. Skip can barely keep a straight face. He is such a troll. He is entertaining for a lot of people. He draws people to the station and based on that, I guess he earns his pay. That being said, there is no way I could do a job like this. Not for all the money in the world. Integrity still means something.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Unlike Kanell, Skip does not believe a word he himself says. Skip can barely keep a straight face. He is such a troll. He is entertaining for a lot of people. He draws people to the station and based on that, I guess he earns his pay. That being said, there is no way I could do a job like this. Not for all the money in the world. Integrity still means something.
Oh yeah I know it is all for show. That is why I don’t watch on a daily basis.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Why not? I never watch any of those shows. I only watch after something like this happens. It is fun. The OSU forums were fun to read too.
Hahaha! I'm reading one now where supposedly Finebaum was on MSNBC or something or other this morning saying we got in because CNS called in "favors" and "politicking." *shaking my head*

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Hahaha! I'm reading one now where supposedly Finebaum was on MSNBC or something or other this morning saying we got in because CNS called in "favors" and "politicking." *shaking my head*
He was on Golic and Wingo. He complemented CNS for getting out and playing politics...but he did say that the committee got it right...

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
When Bama does as it did in 2011 and wins it all the committee will be exonerated!!! They will get the last laugh over the biased idiots I refuse to listen to and care less abouts opinion!!

They are to stupid to realize that the four team playoff they had to enact in order to try to keep two SEC teams from making the national championship game actually increased the odds of it happening!! There you go idiots!! ;)

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
In my opinion all Fox TV belongs in the trash can. Just a bunch of talking heads -- a lot of noise amd hot air with little substance or facts to delineate their position. Nevermind. Remember talking heads, all Ohio State has to do next year is not lose by 31 points to a team that is not in the Top 25. Easy peasy.

tidegrandpa

All-American
I literally SMH every time one of these idiots says "you have to win your conference to make the playoffs" - as if that means the second best team in the country will always be some conference champion. Nobody believes OSU is better than Bama outside of Columbus, yet people keep repeating that mantra.
As they pushed ND down our throats till the Miami beatdown.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The thing is the more debates took place, the more heavily people started to lean in Alabama's favor. It takes a lot of strong bias to overcome that. For instance, ESPN ended up polling all their "experts" and it was 24 in favor of Alabama and 11 in favor of Ohio State. That's lopsided, and I bet if you asked the 11 most of them would make the conference champion a key part of their argument. So when you remove the conference champion part, there's really not much of a discussion to be had. If Ohio State had beaten Oklahoma they would be in. If they'd beaten Iowa they'd be in. They lost, they're out, and it's the right thing to do. If Alabama hadn't come back against Miss. State, they'd be out. But they won and it counts. That's how it is supposed to work.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Some of these experts who are saying Bama is not as good as tOSU are throwing such a fit that if Alabama win even one game they’ll look like total idiots. You’d think Klatt would’ve learned his lesson.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
All these idiots want to talk about résumés, so here's an analogy.
Alabama's résumé has some lower tier schools on it, but they've done pretty much every job on it to the best of their ability.
Ohio State has flashy résumé, with Wharton and Harvard on it, but they've been arrested for fraud.

Wanna know why Klatt's so stupid?

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
I understand bringing up something from the past to justify a decision being made in the present is kind of looked down upon but I wish Saban would've brought up the fact that in 2011 (which isn't that long ago) the 2 best teams in the country were not only in the same conference but the same division! This is not to justify putting 2 SEC teams in this year but it completely destroys the argument that the 4 best teams selected for the playoffs have to be conference champions..
He’d be the first to say this season and games ahead have nothing to do with any previous season. But agree that is a tangent that can be interpreted by folks digesting the his comments about conferences and divisions not being equal

Last edited:

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
i agree that we better at least lose in some "instant classic" showdown or we'll get hammered for being this year's version of the undeserving OSU from last year.
Not looking to lose by any stretch of the imagination, but we never lose by the magnitude that osu did last year (or this year), it’s not in our dna

“I AIN’T NEVER BEEN NOTHING BUT A WINNER”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.