The FOX meltdown from the CFP selection

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I want these clips played for our players all month. These clowns are doing us a favor by spewing this crap. A tee'd off Alabama team is exactly what we need.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I literally SMH every time one of these idiots says "you have to win your conference to make the playoffs" - as if that means the second best team in the country will always be some conference champion. Nobody believes OSU is better than Bama outside of Columbus, yet people keep repeating that mantra.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
And, as to be expected, it's the usual suspects when it comes to whining about Alabama. Joel Klatt, Skip Bayless, Mack Brown, Joey Galloway, Danny Kannell. Do these fools not have a life outside of trashing our program on a regular basis ?

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I literally SMH every time one of these idiots says "you have to win your conference to make the playoffs" - as if that means the second best team in the country will always be some conference champion. Nobody believes OSU is better than Bama outside of Columbus, yet people keep repeating that mantra.
Not too many in Columbus thought winning their conference last year was so paramount to getting in when the committee voted last year.

I know Saban and others said they believed you should win your conference in the past, and others want to bring that up now, but when the committee set a precedent last year with tOSU all that went out the window. They of all teams have NO room to talk that mess IMHO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
The Mt. Rushmore of stupid college football opinion, right there.

CFP made it clear why Bama was better than Ohio State but these fools refuse to listen to logic.

tidefan82

1st Team
Aug 16, 2000
Opp,Alabama,U.S.
I can't believe that Gary Danielson actually gave us support for the 4th pick. Danny Kanell, Joey Galloway, and Joel Klitt have always bashed Alabama. Jealousy noted.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I persuaded a "hard case" guy over to OUR side and advocating for Alabama on Saturday night, not that he had any pull. But one thing he does know about me is that even in areas affecting Tide football, I'm as down the middle as it is humanly possible to be.

So when he said - and he was polite - that he would have to vote for Ohio St because they won their conference, I said, "But you admit Alabama IS the better team via the eyeball test." He agreed.

So then I asked what I think is an obvious question that NOBODY seems to want to ask:

"Since YOU are the one saying you must win your conference, please answer a simple question: WHY?" Conferences are not created equal, they are a relic of when CFB was more of a regional game and the winner of conference X went to a certain bowl (also pretty much out the window now). But why should a team have to win its conference in the first place - when you CAN have a situation where a team loses all four OOC games but goes unbeaten in the SEC and beats a one-loss team by a missed PAT for its only loss, costing that team the division and conference title.....even though that team is demonstrably better.

And to give just one of many examples, what about the 1983 UCLA Bruins?" (This guy is a Pac Ten Huskies fan). "You remember that game and yet UCLA basically won the conference and got the Rose Bowl even though Arizona: a) beat them; and b) had a better overall record."

"UCLA won the conference by losing head-to-head and had a lesser record. Can you in any way say that just because the 3 losses by Arizona HAPPENED to be certain geographical opponents that they were somehow a lesser team than UCLA?"

He awakened after a great night's sleep Sunday morning and said, "This thing is slam dunk and ought to be Alabama."

Because nobody can give a COHERENT and LOGICAL answer as to WHY you "should have to win your conference."

and besides, I seem to recall Ohio St NOT winning it last year.....but again my memory isn't very good so......

luvthat_TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2004
These talking heads must really Hate the NFL. Not every team that makes the play off wins their Division (conference).

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Klatt has trashed our schedule - and our scheduling - all year long. I'm not sure if he really believes it or if he's just carrying water for the Big 10. His argument against the schedule is weak sauce, and if he's mad about OSU, talk to the guy whose team lost by 30 to Iowa.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I can't believe that Gary Danielson actually gave us support for the 4th pick. Danny Kanell, Joey Galloway, and Joel Klitt have always bashed Alabama. Jealousy noted.
I agree on Danielson because I don't think he's a fan of Alabama either. But he has to carry the torch for the SEC because CBS has a TV contract with the conference.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
These talking heads must really Hate the NFL. Not every team that makes the play off wins their Division (conference).
This situation is almost exactly like it was in 2011 when we got the rematch with LSU. No one in the media wanted that game again because they knew we would win.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
FOX NEWS would never say something like this, but remember, these are the tools and 'foons of the network's sporting division. Talking Balless (sic) and Klutz and I forget the other CFB hyper-hysteric mouthpiece's name.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Head of the committee made it clear that Bama with 1 loss was the tipping point over OSU with 2 losses (and one of them being a bad loss).

What everyone is missing is the list of 4 or 5 things that include a conference championship only get applied to the decision when two teams are equal.

Bama and OSU were never equal when one was being honest because anybody with half a brain knows 1 loss trumps 2 losses.

If the committee chair meant what he said, it wouldn't have mattered if OSU hammered Wiskey, 2 losses were always going to be the tipping point for OSU.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Not too many in Columbus thought winning their conference last year was so paramount to getting in when the committee voted last year.

I know Saban and others said they believed you should win your conference in the past, and others want to bring that up now, but when the committee set a precedent last year with tOSU all that went out the window. They of all teams have NO room to talk that mess IMHO!
This is exactly correct. If they had put OSU in this year, they would have owed Penn St. a huge apology and explanation for last year. I tend to lean toward conference champions myself, but I also think game results matter, and having two losses means a lot, especially when you got whipped in both of them.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

And they're wrong...

https://twitter.com/abc/status/935512364111319041

https://twitter.com/abc/status/935512775971008512

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If the committee chair meant what he said, it wouldn't have mattered if OSU hammered Wiskey, 2 losses were always going to be the tipping point for OSU.
I agree, but I also understand the frustration people have with their statements leading up to this week - last Tuesday there was 'little difference between the 5-8 teams', then suddenly that second loss mattered. I get it, the inconsistencies would drive me crazy if it was Bama being left out.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
You'll have to show me where Saban has ever said that.
Proof positive that news/information can be hijacked by trolls and folks will believe it. No, of course Coach Saban never said that. Why would he? He made the NC game in 2011 after failing to win his division. Why would he then turn around and say a team has to win its conference to get in the playoffs? Hell, I know he has advocated for the SEC in the past BCS era, for it to get more than 2 teams in the BCS games.

As for the Fox morons. I've got major problems with ESPN, but I cannot deny they are the major player in sports, especially College Football. These clowns are the cast offs from ESPN. That should tell you all you need to know. They are the rejects, and they don't deserve anyone's attention.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.