Herbie's tweet to Kanell: "Dude what has happened to you?"

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Good for Herbie. I disagree with his logic a lot but I know he at least ATTEMPTS to keep it in between the lines in regards to bias (doesn't always work but it's the attempt that counts.)

You know you're off the reservation if Herb is calling out other entertainment personalities on their professional stances.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Everyone has their own biases. Heck, I would have totally been fine with Herbie tooting the horn for the Bucks (and am fine actually with Galloway -- at least it makes sense why he's a tOSU homer) but Kanell's rants make no sense. I cannot figure out why he hates Bama so much.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Alabama lives rent free in Kannell's head (along with many other wannabe shock jocks). Some of these people need to seek mental help because it's unhealthy.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I bet Kanell is a totally chill guy off-camera/twitter. But good lord his stage persona is awful.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Kanell has is like Captain Ahab when it comes to the SEC.
I think he's more like the other main character. You know, the whale. What was his name? Moby something or other

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
What is Danny Kanell doing for a living these days? I sure have not missed him.
He's actually with CBS. I haven't watched many CBS games this year, except ours, and even then I never watch pre-game or halftime shows. I was streaming the SEC title game the other day and caught a glimpse of the halftime show and there he was.

I have no idea why, the company with the SEC prime game contract would hire one of the most out-spoken SEC haters (not critic, which would imply some sense of reasonableness).

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
He's trying to be the next Skip Bayless which means say ridiculous things in an attempt to stir up viewership with the end goal of getting your own debate show. Kannell's to dumb to realize that the airways are now saturated with debate shows so he's really just doing himself harm as an analyst. That's why ESPN let him go and he's not really on TV anymore. Galloway and Palmer are next..

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
He's trying to be the next Skip Bayless which means say ridiculous things in an attempt to stir up viewership with the end goal of getting your own debate show. Kannell's to dumb to realize that the airways are now saturated with debate shows so he's really just doing himself harm as an analyst. That's why ESPN let him go and he's not really on TV anymore. Galloway and Palmer are next..
Jessie Palmer is the new Kannell on ESPN

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
He's actually with CBS. I haven't watched many CBS games this year, except ours, and even then I never watch pre-game or halftime shows. I was streaming the SEC title game the other day and caught a glimpse of the halftime show and there he was.

I have no idea why, the company with the SEC prime game contract would hire one of the most out-spoken SEC haters (not critic, which would imply some sense of reasonableness).
I don't know what job he does for CBS. I haven't seen him on any of their college shows. Maybe I just missed him. Maybe he died years ago and what we are currently seeing is just a cyborg built by FSU boosters to sing the praises of the ACC. Only God knows the truth.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Jessie Palmer is the new Kannell on ESPN
Jessie Palmer was the big loser of the selection show IMO. Before he gave his opinion on something he qualified it every time with "I've watched the tape" like the other 5 analyst up there haven't. He just came off trying to look smarter than everybody else when in fact he did a lot of damage to whatever reputation he has. There was nobody, literally not 1 other person, who was trying to argue Wisconsin would beat Alabama on a neutral field but he just kept hammering away at that. "Guys, I've watched the film, and because I've watched the film, what I've seen on film tells me that Alabama would have a hard time stopping the running attack of Wisconsin. When I put on the tape this Alabama defense isn't what it used to be. I've watched the film and Wisconsin would beat Alabama." I think he was also the one that brought up that Fresno St lost so that hurt Alabama's chances and Rece quickly scoffed at that for obvious reasons. IDK, maybe it was just me but Palmer came off as the biggest loser of the show followed by Galloway. It's not because they thought OSU should've got in - I've got no problem with that - it's their logic which nobody else on the set or watching at home could follow..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.