Why Isn't Bill Clark Getting Any Looks for Job Openings???

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So is Toledo. But Saban had his first head coaching job there and moved up the ladder.
Agreed, but his real step was in taking the DC job with Belichik when he left Toledo. That is when Saban really started to become Saban.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Dare I say because outside of Alabama most have no clue who UAB is, or that they even restarted program. They just have not been back long enough to get any attention on a national level. You have any idea how many schools the size of UAB are in this country? Guys at that level have to have 5 year runs to get any attention outside of local area. Doubt any of the teams hunting a coach even know about UAB. They are low on the NATIONAL radar.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Dare I say because outside of Alabama most have no clue who UAB is, or that they even restarted program. They just have not been back long enough to get any attention on a national level. You have any idea how many schools the size of UAB are in this country? Guys at that level have to have 5 year runs to get any attention outside of local area. Doubt any of the teams hunting a coach even know about UAB. They are low on the NATIONAL radar.
I'm all about getting rid of UAB football, but you're completely wrong here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling91

Dec 7, 2016
Alabama
But can they sustain it? Of course this year was going to be good, but what about next year when the new wears off . . . again?
I have a feeling that if UAB won 10 games a season and led its conference in attendance for a decade that many on this site would still doubt its viability "Yea, BUT what about . . ." It may fail in the long run, but you have to try hard to talk negatively about this season.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I have a feeling that if UAB won 10 games a season and led its conference in attendance for a decade that many on this site would still doubt its viability "Yea, BUT what about . . ." It may fail in the long run, but you have to try hard to talk negatively about this season.
Post was about why their coach is not getting HC job offers. How UAB does is beside the point. They may do well or they may fail, no one really knows at this point. To many if's still to be answered. No matter how well they play, how many games they win, if attendance is not there they die,if it is they survive. MONEY is what drives that. Now back to the coach and him being over looked. There are hundreds of coaches at smaller schools who show a lot of promise. Why one gets chosen over another is up to each school hiring. Why he is not a hotter name, got to ask those doing the hiring. We all have our opinions on why but those guys look at way more stuff than we do. It is not always just wins and losses. When you get ready to invest millions in a HC many factors come in.I doubt any here have done the background on him to know what may really be holding him back. Then maybe they just want bigger names for recruiting. WHO knows? The teams hiring know.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
There was a time when Louisiana-Lafayette’s coach was getting some buzz, but was never hired by anyone else. I actually thought he might be an up and comer. He was just fired this year at Louisiana-Lafayette so you never know with these things. Bill Clark could never get his shot at a bigger school, and eventually get fired at UAB for having back to back 5-7 or 4-8 seasons. You just never know with these things.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Post was about why their coach is not getting HC job offers. How UAB does is beside the point. They may do well or they may fail, no one really knows at this point. To many if's still to be answered. No matter how well they play, how many games they win, if attendance is not there they die,if it is they survive. MONEY is what drives that. Now back to the coach and him being over looked. There are hundreds of coaches at smaller schools who show a lot of promise. Why one gets chosen over another is up to each school hiring. Why he is not a hotter name, got to ask those doing the hiring. We all have our opinions on why but those guys look at way more stuff than we do. It is not always just wins and losses. When you get ready to invest millions in a HC many factors come in.I doubt any here have done the background on him to know what may really be holding him back. Then maybe they just want bigger names for recruiting. WHO knows? The teams hiring know.
I remember when Jeff Bower really had Southern Miss going. Talk about doing more with less, and that was back when Conference USA had some programs (Houston, Louisville, Cincinnati, etc.) in it with big advantages over Southern Miss. And he sustained the success for over a decade. I thought it was a matter of time until Bower got a bigger gig, but he never did.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.