Update on UT Coaching Search

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Even if Pruitt doesn't get hired, this experience has been good for him. I remember Kirby Smart interviewing at several places before Georgia came open. It's helpful to get a feel for the hiring process at major schools. I hope he stays as long as he's able, but I understand a coach of his level won't be a coordinator for long.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Phatimus will have his fingers in everything about the football program. You can count on it. And he'll most likely delegate or ignore every other facet of the athletic program that doesn't involve him being fed. It's a glorious mess. Second game the new coach loses PF will be decked out in his Great Pumpkin costume on the practice field screaming at players during drills. Pathetic.

I'm inclined to say I feel sorry for whomever takes the job, though I'm really not -- it's no secret how this is going to go.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Phatimus will have his fingers in everything about the football program. You can count on it. And he'll most likely delegate or ignore every other facet of the athletic program that doesn't involve him being fed. It's a glorious mess. Second game the new coach loses PF will be decked out in his Great Pumpkin costume on the practice field screaming at players during drills. Pathetic.
I'm inclined to say I feel sorry for whomever takes the job, though I'm really not -- it's no secret how this is going to go.
Just hope who ever takes the job also takes a lot of UT money. Leave them even less money for the next hire, which will be sooner rather than later I would bet.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Even if Pruitt doesn't get hired, this experience has been good for him. I remember Kirby Smart interviewing at several places before Georgia came open. It's helpful to get a feel for the hiring process at major schools. I hope he stays as long as he's able, but I understand a coach of his level won't be a coordinator for long.
I agree but would like to see him get a job where he will have a chance to succeed. No matter what school or conference. I like that Kirby waited to get the one he wanted, and took a programthat was in good shape to the next level. I have a lot of respect for him, still want to beat him for NC but hey, that is any team.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Two things I'm concerned: Recruits ( Saban will probably tell Pruitt that he can't touch some of the players... but then again Kirby ignored that...) Secondly, will Fulmer allow Pruitt to coach through the playoff? I suspect that will be the deal breaker. New coach has to start recruit and get players signed with early signing period and that's a huge disadvantage, big thanks to TN and how they handled the job search.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Two things I'm concerned: Recruits ( Saban will probably tell Pruitt that he can't touch some of the players... but then again Kirby ignored that...) Secondly, will Fulmer allow Pruitt to coach through the playoff? I suspect that will be the deal breaker. New coach has to start recruit and get players signed with early signing period and that's a huge disadvantage, big thanks to TN and how they handled the job search.
If the rumors are true I‎t is going to be Pruitt, let him go now. I‎t distracted Lane last year and Kirby 2 years ago. I‎t is Saban’s D. Tosh can be the DC and call the D. We have Nick Perry and Denzel Devall on the staff in non-coaching rolls. Both know Saban’s D.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
All's fair in love and recruiting. With that said, Pruitt is not going to pull any kids that we are currently trying to get in this class to go the UT in the state that program is in. If he were going anywhere else other than UT or OM I would say that is possible.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If the rumors are true I‎t is going to be Pruitt, let him go now. I‎t distracted Lane last year and Kirby 2 years ago. I‎t is Saban’s D. Tosh can be the DC and call the D. We have Nick Perry and Denzel Devall on the staff in non-coaching rolls. Both know Saban’s D.
Smart was not a distraction for the team. Kiffin checked out mentally after the MSU game, especially when he got the FAU job. It's not ideal to replace a coach in middle of the playoff run... Look at last year and how Sark performed in the game. I'm confident Pruitt can do his job.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Smart was not a distraction for the team. Kiffin checked out mentally after the MSU game, especially when he got the FAU job. It's not ideal to replace a coach in middle of the playoff run... Look at last year and how Sark performed in the game. I'm confident Pruitt can do his job.
Bama's great D gave up 40 to Clemson. Many thought that Kirby to UGA was a contributing factor. It's impossible to tell for sure, but the focus at this level has to be so complete that it is nearly impossible to maintain it with the distraction of a new job. Both spending a certain amount of specified time, then thoughts about it during your present job responsibilities. It's just about impossible. JM seemed to work in '11, KS and LK did not seem to work.

On another note, I would be more surprised if Pruitt's leaving did not affect Bama's recruiting. He is often underrated as a recruiter - many of his recruits absolutely love him. He got one big time kid to flip when he left simply to be a DC at FSU. Also, IMO, he would show little loyalty to Bama or Saban - that's how his departure to FSU went. He was extremely self-centered. Maybe he's matured and will be more appreciative.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Bama's great D gave up 40 to Clemson. Many thought that Kirby to UGA was a contributing factor. It's impossible to tell for sure, but the focus at this level has to be so complete that it is nearly impossible to maintain it with the distraction of a new job. Both spending a certain amount of specified time, then thoughts about it during your present job responsibilities. It's just about impossible. JM seemed to work in '11, KS and LK did not seem to work.

On another note, I would be more surprised if Pruitt's leaving did not affect Bama's recruiting. He is often underrated as a recruiter - many of his recruits absolutely love him. He got one big time kid to flip when he left simply to be a DC at FSU. Also, IMO, he would show little loyalty to Bama or Saban - that's how his departure to FSU went. He was extremely self-centered. Maybe he's matured and will be more appreciative.
Pruitt flipped a DL named Walker that turned out to be quite a pass rusher. I hope he stays, for us and him. UT is a mess. He should follow Kirby's example and wait on a really good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Last season with Alabama as DC, he gave up 37 points to Ole miss, 23 points to TAMU, and 40 points to Clemson. Clemson was real good that year. Kirby was prone to play defense where it was predictable to some degree. I don't think he was distracted against Clemson. That was the first time Saban handled it, and after gaining some experience with Smart and Kiffin leaving, he should have a better plan this time around.

Secondly, Bama currently has 3 players commited to Tide under Pruitt and As far as the other target players... That's going to be interesting to watch. Might be why Saban is moving fast to lock in few players as fast as he can right now.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I cannot believe CJP would willingly jump into that dumpster fire to work for that snake Fulmer. I also cannot believe that the professional risk he would be taking would be worth it when he could wait a year or two and no doubt land in a more " stable" situation. Ego can be a dangerous thing.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Bama currently has 3 players commited to Tide under Pruitt and As far as the other target players... That's going to be interesting to watch. Might be why Saban is moving fast to lock in few players as fast as he can right now.
Not going to say anything concrete but it would be unlike Saban to allow a coach who is interviewing at other places to continue to recruit players by himself...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I cannot believe CJP would willingly jump into that dumpster fire to work for that snake Fulmer. I also cannot believe that the professional risk he would be taking would be worth it when he could wait a year or two and no doubt land in a more " stable" situation. Ego can be a dangerous thing.
CJP currently makes $1.3 million a year at Bama - I'm betting he'd triple that (or more) by going to 11essee.

Yah, it's a dumpster fire, but he's 43 - he's got plenty of time to 'recover' if things don't go well. And good grief, everyone under the sun knows that place is s dumpster fire, so no one is expected to be successful - IOW,I'mnot certain things not going great there will be viewed as a knock on CJP, were he to go.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
But lest we forget, if he goes to 11essee I'll hate him with the white-hot heat of 1,000 suns...
I like Pruitt, but if he goes to UT I am with you. I cannot forgive some things. I mean it is UT for gosh sakes. Kirby to UGA and Mac to UF did not phase me at all, guys just making a move. But to go to UT or Aubs is unforgivable. Go to LSU or any other SEC team, or any team period. But UT and AU are not on my christmas card list, or anyone who goes there. That is Hatfield McCoy stuff.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.