The Ohio State Conspiracy Theory--How Nick Saban did it?

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
Coach Nick Saban pulled it off; genius.
THANKSGIVING CFP CONSPIRACY THEORY

by Obsessed_buckeye
November 23, 2017 at 5:39am

7 COMMENTS
First & foremost, Happy Thanksgiving Buckeye Nation!!! Hope everyone has an enjoyable day, whatever you do & whatever you eat.
Reading the forums about our beloved Buckeyes CFP chances, I developed a Conspiracy Theory... What if Nick Saban not-overtly-on-purpose-but-surreptitiously-on-purpose tanks the Iron Bowl? Hear me out. The game is at Auburn. Alabama is carrying a lot of injuries. It wouldn't look overly suspicious if they lost in a close one.
A one loss Alabama would still get into the CFP because of the selection committee's love for all things Saban/Alabama. Whoever the SEC champ would be (Auburn or Georgia) would still get an invite thus giving the SEC the two teams in the CFP they've always dreamed about.
IF (largest IF in history) Alabama tanks the Iron Bowl & Oklahoma wins out, we won't get in because of a new four letter word, Iowa. The CFP would take 1) SEC Champ 2) ACC Champ 3) Oklahoma 4) Alabama with one loss. What's the best way to avoid playing the Buckeyes in the CFP? Stack the deck against them to keep them out of the CFP.
Of course I would love to see the glorious Buckeyes in the CFP after they win out, starting this weekend by beating TTUN, and other things going our way. However, I will always love the Buckeyes, no matter what happens.
GO BUCKS! Beat *ichigan!!!

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/foru...7/11/88322/thanksgiving-cfp-conspiracy-theory

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Ask B1G I was in on the conspiracy!

I shouldn't have spilled the beans early though... glad the plan worked out though.

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US
If we could find a coach and players with a competitive streak we wouldn’t have to worry about throwing a game against our biggest rival.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
The brilliant part was how CNS strong-armed Wisconsin into going along with his devious plan. :rolleye2:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That theory is no more crazy than a number that we read right here leading up to the conference championships assuring all of us that Alabama would never get into the CFP this year. Maybe reading this stuff from another fan base will help you guys avoid such tomfoolery in the future. Probably not.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
That theory is no more crazy than a number that we read right here leading up to the conference championships assuring all of us that Alabama would never get into the CFP this year. Maybe reading this stuff from another fan base will help you guys avoid such tomfoolery in the future. Probably not.
I'm sorry but I didn't see anything nearly that ridiculous here.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm sorry but I didn't see anything nearly that ridiculous here.
There has been a group of posters, basically since the formation of the playoff that have repeatedly insisted that there was no way that two teams from one conference would ever get in. That in fact, the reason the playoff was formed was to prevent that very occurrence. Of course some also argued that you had to win a conference championship, and that was shot down last year.

I am well aware of this since there has basically been a running argument in regards to those claims for years, and now they have to be laid to rest. They were making a pretty big leap that because the committee itself is questionable, and that formation of the playoffs as well was under questionable circumstances, that doesn't mean the process itself has to be corrupt.

In either case, I didn't think the post from the Ohio State fan was actually serious. I mean it's been a possibility for a while and after seriously arguing about it initially, I've also been joking about it since after the Auburn loss.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.