2018 Prospect: 3 * DE Malik Langham (Florida)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
So we so played him but UF didn't? It doesn't sound like to me that UF was all that interested in him until recently just like Bama. Could be wrong about that..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Langham is from my hometown, and I know few people in his family. I have never asked about recruiting, as it is not my business to ask. All I know is that they were real excited about Alabama.. and wasn't happy when he choose to go UF because of feelings were hurt. If he hasn't sent in LOI by tonight... Maybe there's a hope.. but otherwise... That was huge misplay by Bama... Guess who was recruiting him? Karl Dunbar.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Sad a life long Bama fan goes to another school.
Don't believe he was a life long Bama fan. Most saying he grew up more an Auburn guy. Being distantly related to Antonio may have given us a slight edge, but with kids these days, who knows?

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I'm not clairvoyant or anything but from his photo's he looks like he is a year or more away from being ready for SEC football. He's got those powerful hips that suggests he will be a good one down the road but Alabama was really looking for guys who could play now because we have playing time to give. Which makes it all the more strange that we couldn't even give away a scholarship. I hope Dunbar was the reason and the next guy fixes this situation.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I'm not clairvoyant or anything but from his photo's he looks like he is a year or more away from being ready for SEC football. He's got those powerful hips that suggests he will be a good one down the road but Alabama was really looking for guys who could play now because we have playing time to give. Which makes it all the more strange that we couldn't even give away a scholarship. I hope Dunbar was the reason and the next guy fixes this situation.
Yeah that's weird. I thought after all the praise the 2015 and 2016 Defensive line got, recruits would be knocking down the door to be apart of an Alabama D-Line. Just very strange.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Sunseri helped recruit Langham to Florida. .He basically told Langham that he would play earlier at Florida. He also told him that he coached under Saban and he knew "how things work there". Another factor was Miss. St. was recruitung him when Mullen was there. So, it wasn't too far of a stretch for Langham to feel close at Florida with Mullen.Having said all that, I do believe that any slow playing on our part may have definitely pushed him over to Florida.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Funny how so many coaches are dogging our program when most of them made their careers by coaching with Saban. I realize recruiting is a dirty business but I'm surprised more recruits don't see through this crap. I guess they being young don't know how truth challenged the human race is.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
DL is easily the most difficult position to recruit in football. There are just so few of those prospects that can play winning football.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
DL is easily the most difficult position to recruit in football. There are just so few of those prospects that can play winning football.

Could not agree more. Quality, D1 level ready D line guys are a precious commodity. That`s why it hurts so to lose one that you have a real chance to sign.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

More than qb?

Disagree. Tougher to find the combination of athletic skill, fast mental processing, and leadership required of a qb.

Wish we had another interior DL in this class, though.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Excuse me while I stick a random picture so the shirtless Spurrior will no longer show up on the Tapatalk stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
More than qb?

Disagree. Tougher to find the combination of athletic skill, fast mental processing, and leadership required of a qb.

Wish we had another interior DL in this class, though.
dunno - with all the QB camps, passing camps and 7v7 things going on, you can get a better feel for QBs these days. Not saying the skill are common and easier to find, it's just there are more opportunities to see what a kid can really do and evaluate them.

DL on the other hand, just don't have that many opportunities to see what they can do against high level competition. Seeing a guy dominate in HS isn't always a good indicator, and there are not nearly as many camps out there to see what a DL can do against top rated OLs out there. So the skills might not be quite as hard to find as QB skills, but there just are not as many chance to see if a kids really has those skills or not.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.