2018 Prospect: 3 * DE Malik Langham (Florida) - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

Re: 3 * DE Malik Langham (Florida)

I'm not clairvoyant or anything but from his photo's he looks like he is a year or more away from being ready for SEC football. He's got those powerful hips that suggests he will be a good one down the road but Alabama was really looking for guys who could play now because we have playing time to give. Which makes it all the more strange that we couldn't even give away a scholarship. I hope Dunbar was the reason and the next guy fixes this situation.
    BS 1989

BamaNation All-SEC STONECOLDSABAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    I'm not clairvoyant or anything but from his photo's he looks like he is a year or more away from being ready for SEC football. He's got those powerful hips that suggests he will be a good one down the road but Alabama was really looking for guys who could play now because we have playing time to give. Which makes it all the more strange that we couldn't even give away a scholarship. I hope Dunbar was the reason and the next guy fixes this situation.
    Yeah that's weird. I thought after all the praise the 2015 and 2016 Defensive line got, recruits would be knocking down the door to be apart of an Alabama D-Line. Just very strange.
    ALABAMA FOOTBALL RULES AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    Sunseri helped recruit Langham to Florida. .He basically told Langham that he would play earlier at Florida. He also told him that he coached under Saban and he knew "how things work there". Another factor was Miss. St. was recruitung him when Mullen was there. So, it wasn't too far of a stretch for Langham to feel close at Florida with Mullen.Having said all that, I do believe that any slow playing on our part may have definitely pushed him over to Florida.
    "I could tell they really didn't want to play against us any longer." - Alabama defensive end Jesse Williams

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

Funny how so many coaches are dogging our program when most of them made their careers by coaching with Saban. I realize recruiting is a dirty business but I'm surprised more recruits don't see through this crap. I guess they being young don't know how truth challenged the human race is.
    BS 1989

BamaNation All-American

DL is easily the most difficult position to recruit in football. There are just so few of those prospects that can play winning football.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    DL is easily the most difficult position to recruit in football. There are just so few of those prospects that can play winning football.

Could not agree more. Quality, D1 level ready D line guys are a precious commodity. That`s why it hurts so to lose one that you have a real chance to sign.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post

More than qb?

Disagree. Tougher to find the combination of athletic skill, fast mental processing, and leadership required of a qb.

Wish we had another interior DL in this class, though.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Excuse me while I stick a random picture so the shirtless Spurrior will no longer show up on the Tapatalk stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by bama579 View Post
    More than qb?

Disagree. Tougher to find the combination of athletic skill, fast mental processing, and leadership required of a qb.

Wish we had another interior DL in this class, though.
    dunno - with all the QB camps, passing camps and 7v7 things going on, you can get a better feel for QBs these days. Not saying the skill are common and easier to find, it's just there are more opportunities to see what a kid can really do and evaluate them.

DL on the other hand, just don't have that many opportunities to see what they can do against high level competition. Seeing a guy dominate in HS isn't always a good indicator, and there are not nearly as many camps out there to see what a DL can do against top rated OLs out there. So the skills might not be quite as hard to find as QB skills, but there just are not as many chance to see if a kids really has those skills or not.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by gtgilbert View Post
    dunno - with all the QB camps, passing camps and 7v7 things going on, you can get a better feel for QBs these days. Not saying the skill are common and easier to find, it's just there are more opportunities to see what a kid can really do and evaluate them.

DL on the other hand, just don't have that many opportunities to see what they can do against high level competition. Seeing a guy dominate in HS isn't always a good indicator, and there are not nearly as many camps out there to see what a DL can do against top rated OLs out there. So the skills might not be quite as hard to find as QB skills, but there just are not as many chance to see if a kids really has those skills or not.
    QB is easily the hardest position to scout if you are scouting for the NFL. But it is much easier to scout from the college perspective since you can isolate and capitalize on what a QB does well with a college scheme. Meanwhile, I think the reverse is probably true for DL.

"Old dog - new tricks"