2018 Prospect: 5* DE Brenton Cox (UGA)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: 5* DE Brenton Cox (decommits from Ohio St.)

A lot of CB's to UGA in the last 24 hrs. Not trending well.
Kirby`s definitely got it going on in Athens. If he can essentially wall off the state of Georgia ( defining "wall off " as keeping the vast majority of 4-5* recruits from leaving the state ), IMHO he`ll be perennially the favorite in the East and more than just an occasional threat in the SEC as a whole. It`s true that UGA has had talent under Richt. What they didn`t have was a CNS disciple and all that that means.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

A lot of CB's to UGA in the last 24 hrs. Not trending well.
it will come down to Saban having a home visit. If Cox commits to UGA its not because of a lack of effort from our staff. to come down between Bama/UGA late in this stage says a lot about what an awesome job Bama did when Cox was on his OV!

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

it will come down to Saban having a home visit. If Cox commits to UGA its not because of a lack of effort from our staff. to come between Bama/UGA late in this stage says a lot about what an awesome job Bama did when Cox was on his OV!
So that means CNS has yet to have an in home? Good to hear if that`s so. For some reason, I`ve thought that a coach was limited to one in home visit for a given recruit.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Hope he is feeling the love because we sure have it for him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I think that he is GA all the way.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I think that he is GA all the way.
Yeah. Took an unofficial to Athens last week and returning for an official this week. Looks like that ship sailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I`ll be interested to see where the top 10 recruits in Georgia end up going and whether or not it`s appreciably different from when Richt was there.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Yep, I know there's lots of talent in GA, but I think we've seen the last of the best of it being anywhere near up for grabs.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

So Kirby is building a fence.
I`m sure he`s trying and it`ll probably be as close as we`ll ever see when it comes to the elite kids. Not saying we ( or the barn ) won`t ever get another quality Georgia recruit, but I do believe it`ll be a helluva lot harder.

By the way Mystical, original Fairhopian here! Go Pirates, class of `66 !

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Yep, I know there's lots of talent in GA, but I think we've seen the last of the best of it being anywhere near up for grabs.
Check out our latest 2019 commit. It is going to be tougher but we will still recruit GA very well. I expect JJ Peterson to sign with us and he is a top 10 guy in the '18 class.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

So Kirby is building a fence.
He can only take 25 a year and there is a lot, A LOT of D1 talent coming out of the Peach State not all of the Blue Chips of which Kirby can funnel to Athens.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I'm trying to understand this narrative that Kirby is building a fence around Georgia. Alabama even with Saban at the helm has had a tough time when Richt was there. Nothing has changed.
I mentioned before that its not going to be easy to recruit Georgia , it never was, but UGA is not going to be able to keep all their TOP players from leaving including the 2018 cycle. In fact Alabama has done quite well in Georgia for 2018 in quite some time. Currently we have Walker, possibly Peterson and hopefully Emory Jones and Cox. All are in the Top 15. What's interesting is that Auburn is killing it this cycle with 6 Top 26 players from Georgia. Auburn has and always will for the unforeseeable future heavily relied on the state of Georgia to fill their roster unlike Alabama who recruits nation wide. BTW, Bama just picked up the #5 rated player from Georgia , King Mkiwuta for the 2019 class.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=GA

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I'm trying to understand this narrative that Kirby is building a fence around Georgia. Alabama even with Saban at the helm had had a tough time when Richt was there. Nothing has changed.
I mentioned before that its not going to be easy to recruit Georgia , it never was, but UGA is not going to be able to keep all their TOP players from leaving including the 2018 cycle. In fact Alabama has done quite well in Georgia for 2018 than quite some time. Currently we have Walker, possibly Peterson and hopefully Emory Jones and Cox. All are in the Top 15. What's interesting is that Auburn is killing it this cycle with 6 Top 26 players from Georgia. Auburn has and always will for the unforeseeable future heavily relied on the state of Georgia to fill their roster unlike Alabama who recruits nation wide. BTW, Bama just picked up the #5 rated player from Georgia , King Mkiwuta for the 2019 class.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=GA
SJC, more than you`ll ever know, I hope you make me eat my words and prove me 100% incorrect !

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I'm trying to understand this narrative that Kirby is building a fence around Georgia. Alabama even with Saban at the helm has had a tough time when Richt was there. Nothing has changed.
I mentioned before that its not going to be easy to recruit Georgia , it never was, but UGA is not going to be able to keep all their TOP players from leaving including the 2018 cycle. In fact Alabama has done quite well in Georgia for 2018 in quite some time. Currently we have Walker, possibly Peterson and hopefully Emory Jones and Cox. All are in the Top 15. What's interesting is that Auburn is killing it this cycle with 6 Top 26 players from Georgia. Auburn has and always will for the unforeseeable future heavily relied on the state of Georgia to fill their roster unlike Alabama who recruits nation wide. BTW, Bama just picked up the #5 rated player from Georgia , King Mkiwuta for the 2019 class.

This QB class in GA is ridiculous.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.