Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt (Update: Hired, Will Coach in CFP) - Page 11
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Re: Tennessee is officially offered Pruitt

This is irritating.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation All-American

Happy for Pruitt but hate to see him go especially to Tennessee. I hope he does well there except for when we play them. And he better not steal Tosh

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I wish we could get Aranda. But it would be funny as heck if we got Chizik. The barn would spontaneously combust if that happened...
    I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. Chizik? Hahahaha!

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I wish we could get Aranda. But it would be funny as heck if we got Chizik. The barn would spontaneously combust if that happened...
    God no!! Are you sure this wasn't supposed to be blue? Chiznik? One word for you, Moooooooooooooooo

I'm sorry but I just can't wish him luck. If he went anywhere else other than the barn or UcheaT I would be happy for him and hope he wins except against us, but I just can't do it with him in Phattyville. He's now the enemy just like Kirby is.
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Happy for Pruitt but hate to see him go especially to Tennessee. I hope he does well there except for when we play them. And he better not steal Tosh
    Tosh is probably taking over as Saban's DC, so I doubt that he follows Pruitt.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Tosh is probably taking over as Saban's DC, so I doubt that he follows Pruitt.
    That's what I think will happen as well but saw some stuff around twitter that it might not be that clear cut. Losing Pruitt and Tosh would be a blow.

BamaNation Second Team

I hear that Chizik's defense is..........................toothless!

Thank you, I'm here all week folks

BamaNation Second Team

Read in an article that if Pruitt takes the job he will 'be responsible for uniting a divided fan base', or words to that effect. Does a BAMA alum stand a reasonable chance of pulling that off?

A few thoughts:
    1. Do you really know Fulmer's motives here? Is this just a ploy to try and reignite his anti-BAMA crusade? Make sure that UT demonstrates a strong commitment ($$$$) and that the language is iron-clad. They're trying to avoid their buyout with Currie as we speak.
    2. Saban on the left and Smart on the right. Really tough situation to try and rebuild in.
    3. How much rope are they going to give a BAMA alum? Have they even hinted they expect a turnaround similar to UGA? Are they aware that the UT dumpster fire will take at least 3-4 years to be highly competitive.
    4. If Pruitt pulls this off does he become the favorite to replace CNS when he retires?
    5. Make sure you understand why everyone else has ran from UT like that place had the plague.
    6. Can you pull it off with the constant meddling from Fulmer and the Haslam's?
    7. Last but not least, you're the 9th choice in their coaching search (record territory almost). The answer to #3 is you have zero room for error.
    Last edited by Bama9001; December 7th, 2017 at 08:10 AM.

BamaNation Third Team

Personally I was hoping Dabo's coaching tree would grow this offseason rather than Saban's...it is what it is I guess. Ultimately, it is a positive sign and makes our 10 year run even more impressive when you think about all the different coaches that have left on both sides of the ball.

BamaNation First Team Wilson Monroe's Avatar

I hate to see him go, but I understand that these guys coach for a living. They can't have the same mindset as fans. It's too fickle of an industry to pick and choose, so you have to go where the money is when you have a chance to make the big bucks.

I wish him all the same successes that Butch Jones and Derek Dooley had up there at the garbage man convention center. I just hope he is able to maintain a good reputation.

No love lost. -M. Wilson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar

Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt

So if this goes through there will be 4 schools in the SEC with Saban’s former coordinators?? (As a head coach)

Crazy.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    That's what I think will happen as well but saw some stuff around twitter that it might not be that clear cut. Losing Pruitt and Tosh would be a blow.
    Lupoi is a Cal guy who came to Alabama to learn from Saban, not Pruitt. I would be shocked to hear that he is following Pruitt unless he is not offered the DC job. Of course, if he is not offered the DC job, all bets are off.

BamaNation First Team BigAlinKnoxville's Avatar

I've decided to let the whole thing go. At the end of the day, it's the players, not the coaches, who are out there executing. Coach Saban has demonstrated time and again that he knows what he's doing, so I'll trust in his judgment and set my own aside.

As for Pruitt, I can't and won't wish him luck because of where he's going. But at the same time, I do hope that he smells the same rat(s) in this that the rest of us do. I would love to know how much control over the program they're giving him, since rumors are flying about battling factions.

On the radio here in Knoxville this morning, most callers are positive about his hiring, with a few negative or undecided. Either way, I really don't think anyone can turn them around in less than three years.