Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt (Update: Hired, Will Coach in CFP)

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Re: Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt

Yeah I guess that works, but the only problem is it drops his stock as a head coach if he fails at UcheaT. I really wish he’d wait for maybe a good mid-major job, like say a Memphis when Norvell does move on. Spend a few years getting HC experience then get the big job. Let’s face it, as long as Coach Saban is coaching, there will be HC turnover just for the sake of keeping up with Bama.
really worst case, maybe a bump on the head coach front, but could fall back into top tier dc position making a couple mil, with a tn buyout to boot...but yeah still hopeful he doesn’t take it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

I wonder if has talked to Dave Hart about what is like up there? I think he would have a pretty good insight on the culture etc. I think he should look past the money and see the opportunity for what it is. The UT job is an SEC job in name only for the immediate future. With Fulmer as AD and his methods, Pruitt has increased risk of an NCAA investigation during his tenure brought on by constituents he will have absolutely no control over. Rarely taking a job just for money works out. It's a colossally poor decision professionally imo.

Look, numerous experienced and reputable HCs have turned down this job. Just because he has no HC experience doesn't automatically make this a good opportunity for him either just because it was offered to him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA

Yeah I guess that works, but the only problem is it drops his stock as a head coach if he fails at UcheaT. I really wish he’d wait for maybe a good mid-major job, like say a Memphis when Norvell does move on. Spend a few years getting HC experience then get the big job. Let’s face it, as long as Coach Saban is coaching, there will be HC turnover just for the sake of keeping up with Bama.
I agree. Rather than jump into a smoldering pile of dead skunks, then leave in a few years as a failed head coach, he should try his hand as HC at somewhere like you mentioned. If he can succeed there, then he can get a better SEC job someday.

R.Bama1980

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 4, 2017

UT is getting a good defensive minded coach and giving Bama a little jab in the process... sounds just like the pumpkins!

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

This is a bad loss for us, and quite frankly, a head scratcher on Pruitt's part. You want to be a head coach at a power conference school, I get it, but this coaching search has become a national embarrassment and your hire isn't changing that. Even if you could somehow ignore that, tenn has been absolutely toxic otherwise for a long time running. That's the opportunity you jump at?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

This is a bad loss for us, and quite frankly, a head scratcher on Pruitt's part. You want to be a head coach at a power conference school, I get it, but this coaching search has become a national embarrassment and your hire isn't changing that. Even if you could somehow ignore that, tenn has been absolutely toxic otherwise for a long time running. That's the opportunity you jump at?
OTOH, you don't ever know what the future holds, so far as future opportunities. He's ambitious and he's only ten years removed from being a high school DC...

squib

1st Team
Sep 24, 2005

Not much risk in my opinion. The whole country knows Tenn is a dumpster fire and that winning in Saban’s shadow is tough. If he goes and can’t turn it around, everyone will just say it was too tough of a job and he needs a better opportunity (meanwhile he will have put $20 million in his pocket). If he goes and turns around a historically significant program and gets them to winning, he is a legend. (And still puts $20 million in his pocket).

I really wish he would finish up the season here and I hate these distractions every year, but there is a reason that other programs want Bama’s coaches. And there is a reason Bama is winning. And they are very much related.

I suspect if no one ever wanted to hire away Bama’s coordinators, we would talking about how we wanted them gone.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005

I think Pruitt has wanted a head coaching job since before he left FSU. So, I’m not surprised if he takes it. Fulmer thinks he will find lightening in a bottle the way UGA did with Kirby. Don’t think it will happen. Wonder how many have turned Fulmer down for JP to make to the top of the list.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

If he is taking the job I think Saban should just cut him loose. We have almost a month until the game. Let Lupoi run the defense from now until then and we should be fine..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree...

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

If he is taking the job I think Saban should just cut him loose. We have almost a month until the game. Let Lupoi run the defense from now until then and we should be fine..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I doubt if the players would agree with you.

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
Re: Tennessee is officially offered Pruitt

Some TN peeps tend to believe Tosh Lupoi will go with him ... surely not!!! I have to believe SAban will promote him to DC ... and a much better deal to be DC at Alabama vs that dumpster fire in Knoxvegas

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I think Pruitt has wanted a head coaching job since before he left FSU. So, I’m not surprised if he takes it. Fulmer thinks he will find lightening in a bottle the way UGA did with Kirby. Don’t think it will happen. Wonder how many have turned Fulmer down for JP to make to the top of the list.
I think he's got a lot less talent to inherit than Kirby did.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Tennessee is officially offered Pruitt

I thought they were working on something where he is allowed to coach in playoff.... The deal is not quite done, but we should have him for the playoff... and by the way, I would assume Lupoi is the new DC ... that's the only way Saban can keep him on our staff...

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt

Dang it, someone’s done gone and updated his wiki - and just learned he and I were born same month a few weeks apart

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt

Tennessee will hold a Press Conference tomorrow at 1ET to announce the hire of Jeremy Pruitt.— Trey Wallace (@TreyW_Radio) December 7, 2017

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.