Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt (Update: Hired, Will Coach in CFP)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt

So if this goes through there will be 4 schools in the SEC with Saban’s former coordinators?? (As a head coach)

Crazy.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Tennessee is officially offered Pruitt

That's what I think will happen as well but saw some stuff around twitter that it might not be that clear cut. Losing Pruitt and Tosh would be a blow.
Lupoi is a Cal guy who came to Alabama to learn from Saban, not Pruitt. I would be shocked to hear that he is following Pruitt unless he is not offered the DC job. Of course, if he is not offered the DC job, all bets are off.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA

I've decided to let the whole thing go. At the end of the day, it's the players, not the coaches, who are out there executing. Coach Saban has demonstrated time and again that he knows what he's doing, so I'll trust in his judgment and set my own aside.

As for Pruitt, I can't and won't wish him luck because of where he's going. But at the same time, I do hope that he smells the same rat(s) in this that the rest of us do. I would love to know how much control over the program they're giving him, since rumors are flying about battling factions.

On the radio here in Knoxville this morning, most callers are positive about his hiring, with a few negative or undecided. Either way, I really don't think anyone can turn them around in less than three years.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Happy for Pruitt but hate to see him go especially to Tennessee. I hope he does well there except for when we play them. And he better not steal Tosh
Nope - don't wish any ill will on Pruitt, but will never, ever hope that UT does well, even if that means Pruitts record is 0-12 every single season. My only hope is he gets a HUGE buyout so when he can't put out the dumpster fire and they fire him, he'll cost them 10s of millions of dollars, then he can come back to our staff for a small salary since UT will still be paying him.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

4. If Pruitt pulls this off does he become the favorite to replace CNS when he retires?
Of course! Coach Battle established that precedent when 35 years ago when he came back to 'Bama succeeding Coach Bryant.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Re: Tennessee has officially offered Pruitt

It just stinks with Phatisaurus Philopotamus still there. I see no silvery orange lining, as it's mostly brown. I still like Pruitt though.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

Who else thinks Fulmer is trying to hire Pruitt and then attempt to get dirt on the Alabama program from him? It would not surprise me one bit if that Phil wants to report us again for nothing… this is all eerily familiar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

God no!! Are you sure this wasn't supposed to be blue? Chiznik? One word for you, Moooooooooooooooo:biggrin:

I'm sorry but I just can't wish him luck. If he went anywhere else other than the barn or UcheaT I would be happy for him and hope he wins except against us, but I just can't do it with him in Phattyville. He's now the enemy just like Kirby is.

Lol. Personally I would like us to steal Aranda from LSU, but I don’t see that happening because i think Aranda’s next move is going to be a HC position.

The Chizik comment was quasi blue font. No I would prefer him to stay where he is rather than come here, but good god the Auburn meltdown over it would be hilarious.

I think any dc we get will be okay due to the talent we got.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

We all know who runs Alabama's defense. I'm not worried one way or the other. It was much more of an issue in previous years because it was offensive guys less Kirby. We'll be fine. RTR

Last edited:

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

I hope CNS does an internal promotion to keep JP from taking one of our best. I would also welcome Steele, Arnada, or Chizik.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers

It seems to me, and I may be wrong, we have become a spring board for DC's that want to jump to the head coaching level. What is this 3 years in a row that we have gone into the playoffs without a DC?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'm happy for Pruitt. I wish him the best luck at Tennessee. I found it interesting that some players are happy to see him go... But, in the end.. we still have two games left and Pruitt and Saban will figure it out.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

It seems to me, and I may be wrong, we have become a spring board for DC's that want to jump to the head coaching level. What is this 3 years in a row that we have gone into the playoffs without a DC?
no - we've only lost Kirby and Pruitt as DC - been the most stable position under Saban other than Burns as the RB coach. The middle year was without Kiffin the OC.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers

no - we've only lost Kirby and Pruitt as DC - been the most stable position under Saban other than Burns as the RB coach. The middle year was without Kiffin the OC.
I guess I was thinking of Kiffin as well the OC we lost. I kind of bunched them all together. Should have said Coordinators.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

Well, if you're going JP, just go. Don't need the distractions of you trying to set up a staff and recruit for Tennessee while you're trying to get our guys ready for a championship run. Can't wish you well as you're going to the one of the most vile places around, to work for the vilest person I can think of. Watch your back.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Hmm, I would think Tosh would be the next guy in line to fill that role but.
I agree, but Saban knows both well so he would know who could handle the job better. Of course, Saban may be looking somewhere else entirely, but co-coordinators who are not promoted in situations like this usually leave. If Tosh doesn't get the job, how does Saban convince him to stay?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.