Alabama DC Search (2017)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Thanks - assumed that was what he meant. Still have the same concern. Guess someone other that Pruitt will be putting together the defensive game plan.
I like how you ask questions. Does they have analyst on the staff that break down the game film, look for tendencies and then put together game plan?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I like how you ask questions. Does they have analyst on the staff that break down the game film, look for tendencies and then put together game plan?
I think that Saban does the same thing that Meyer does (or something very similar) - using analysts for very specific things. For instance, we have someone that just looks at 3rd downs for our defense, and another guy that just looks at 3rd downs for our offense. Each is looking at what the other team does in those situations to put together a play list (or defense) to run in those specific situations. But we do not have an analyst who puts it all together. Schiano does that for the defense. He meets with all of the analysts and comes up with a plan of attack. Meyer is involved (as is Saban), but not until further down the road.

this probably means that Tosh and Saban get plugged in earlier. Pruitt will probably be tasked with fine tuning their plan and implementing it.

The good news - the players will probably not start repping for Clemson until Pruitt is back in the fold, so there will be no loss of continuity there.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think that Saban does the same thing that Meyer does (or something very similar) - using analysts for very specific things. For instance, we have someone that just looks at 3rd downs for our defense, and another guy that just looks at 3rd downs for our offense. Each is looking at what the other team does in those situations to put together a play list (or defense) to run in those specific situations. But we do not have an analyst who puts it all together. Schiano does that for the defense. He meets with all of the analysts and comes up with a plan of attack. Meyer is involved (as is Saban), but not until further down the road.

this probably means that Tosh and Saban get plugged in earlier. Pruitt will probably be tasked with fine tuning their plan and implementing it.

The good news - the players will probably not start repping for Clemson until Pruitt is back in the fold, so there will be no loss of continuity there.
I think you are 100 percent right.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Dabo had me confused - suggesting that they start practicing again next week. He said that it will be difficult for his players and coaches to balance practice, recruiting and finals next week. Hmmm
I’m not sure how many practices are allowed, maybe 15? Not sure if the coaches can choose when to practice out of those 15 days. We did have 5 or 6 less practices already, though, if we didn’t practice last week when the other teams practiced for their conference championships.

Surely all coaches will follow the rules. I do wonder how much everything is monitored though.

I just hope our players stay healthy and injury free.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I’m not sure how many practices are allowed, maybe 15? Not sure if the coaches can choose when to practice out of those 15 days. We did have 5 or 6 less practices already, though, if we didn’t practice last week when the other teams practiced for their conference championships.

Surely all coaches will follow the rules. I do wonder how much everything is monitored though.

There is no limit to the number of practices - that is a common misconception. Every team invited to a Bowl gets to practice 20 hours/week through the Bowl - same as the regular season.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

And off the police blotter.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
FWIW, I am betting on Tosh Lupoi as our next DC -- with CNS bringing in a top of the line LB coach. The question would be can he anticipate and make the correct calls as DC? I will say this...he's had some great teachers...CNS; JP.

If we can do well in the playoffs we should be set for next year...this changing major coordinators every year or so is wearing me out!!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I know the MOST important thing NOW is preparation for Clemson, but who is already looking at Georgia and especially Oklahoma (that offense)? Can't just wait 'til the week before that game to be COMPLETELY ready and you can't count the chicks before the eggs hatch either: got to get past Clemson.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know the MOST important thing NOW is preparation for Clemson, but who is already looking at Georgia and especially Oklahoma (that offense)? Can't just wait 'til the week before that game to be COMPLETELY ready and you can't count the chicks before the eggs hatch either: got to get past Clemson.
Dabo said that they were spending some time looking at film for GA and OU, so I assume that this is common.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
FWIW, I am betting on Tosh Lupoi as our next DC -- with CNS bringing in a top of the line LB coach. The question would be can he anticipate and make the correct calls as DC? I will say this...he's had some great teachers...CNS; JP.

If we can do well in the playoffs we should be set for next year...this changing major coordinators every year or so is wearing me out!!
If Tosh is not appointed DC, does that mean that he may become 10RC's DC?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Dabo said that they were spending some time looking at film for GA and OU, so I assume that this is common.
However, it looks like Pruitt may not have time to do this until the dead week, since his emphasis right now is everything 10RC: hiring assistants, recruiting, finding a home to live in, etc. And someone needs to spend lots of time on Oklahoma's offense. Again, it's very hard trying to serve two masters and be totally effective at anything.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
However, it looks like Pruitt may not have time to do this until the dead week, since his emphasis right now is everything 10RC: hiring assistants, recruiting, finding a home to live in, etc. And someone needs to spend lots of time on Oklahoma's offense. Again, it's very hard trying to serve two masters and be totally effective at anything.
Honestly, I wouldn't manage time that way.

Spend a ton of time preparing for a team that you might not even play at the expense of time that you could spend on the opponent on your schedule for January 1st? Some time - yeah - lots of time - I wouldn't - but I really don't know how much time is spent on future opponents during this period.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.