Alabama DC Search (2017)

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Looking this guy up made me realize that Bo Davis is UTSA's DL coach. Man, would love to have him back...
Bo's DLs made a lot of secondaries look better . . .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
It could be that CNS is looking at him for another defensive position. I guess we will have to wait and see.
That would make sense. My previous post isn't meant to be a disparaging post towards Pete. He's done well considering his age and certainly has his career going in an upward trajectory. I believe he started all 4 years at DSU and his dad is a high school coach, both of these facts could indicate a high football acumen. And the reason he left USM is because the head coach took a NFL job late in the process, which left that entire staff out to dry. His dad coaches in the memphis area and Pete is from Hammond, La so both areas are good recruiting ground.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
That would make sense. My previous post isn't meant to be a disparaging post towards Pete. He's done well considering his age and certainly has his career going in an upward trajectory. I believe he started all 4 years at DSU and his dad is a high school coach, both of these facts could indicate a high football acumen. And the reason he left USM is because the head coach took a NFL job late in the process, which left that entire staff out to dry. His dad coaches in the memphis area and Pete is from Hammond, La so both areas are good recruiting ground.
Thanks for additional insight.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Here is an interview of Golding back in August talking about his defense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oadMbT98DxI
Very impressive. Had no fear of media, meaning he has complete confidence in his ability to understand and answer anything coming his way. Knew everything in great detail, to the pound, to the yard, etc. Knew his personnel inside and out. Seemed to understand the human nature aspect of performance. Never had any excuses or built-in excuses in case there was failure. Was very enthusiastic, energetic and engaging. Would seem like a very good recruiter. Gave credit to others, including players, other assistants and HC. For what you can get out of an interview like that, it would be hard to be more impressed.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If Golding turns out to be a diamond in the rough this just further concretes the legend of CNS. Who would have thunk this guy would be on our radar to join the program?

Now, any news of the DC position?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If Golding turns out to be a diamond in the rough this just further concretes the legend of CNS. Who would have thunk this guy would be on our radar to join the program?

Now, any news of the DC position?
Golding is the new story... he is likely to be named Co-DC with Tosh at this point. That's the only way it makes sense for the team. Now, the question is who will be calling the plays? Golding or Tosh? The 10th coach position is likely to be on the offensive side, probably QB coach.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Golding is the new story... he is likely to be named Co-DC with Tosh at this point. That's the only way it makes sense for the team. Now, the question is who will be calling the plays? Golding or Tosh? The 10th coach position is likely to be on the offensive side, probably QB coach.
Tending to lean toward this scenario for co-DC's. Gives Tosh the title, a raise, lets him continue to learn and most importantly keeps him on the staff.

It was being said last year we my make Chris Weinke our QB coach but it was rumored last week that Pruitt was going to take him to UT with him. Just saw this article that Weinke may end up at FSU now.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/chris-weinke-may-not-joining-tennessees-staff/

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Few things on Pete Golding:
Wow, after reading few articles, I'm very impressed with Golding. This kid is very talented and he knows what he is doing. With little better guidance under Saban, he may be better than Pruitt and Smart in due time. Here's several articles on him and how he use the defense. I like how he use the safteies little differently than we've used under Pruitt and Smart. Based on what I've read, it sounds like he runs almost similar defense Saban, Pruitt and Smart runs.

Is the scheme more aggressive?
“If the offense presents itself, we’ll play percentage football, but absolutely. We’re not going to sit back. We’re going to dictate it and the offense is going to have to react to us. The big thing is being able to stop the run and put them in passing situations.”
Do you want to be in more three down linemen sets?
“The big thing is what you’re seeing that week, that’s the basis of being multiple. It’s what kind of offense are you seeing that week. What’s their bread and butter and how can we take that away? What personnel do we need to do that? And what personnel do we have? Who can we recruit? Who are the best players we can get? And then we’re going to adapt our defense around that.”
https://247sports.com/college/texas-san-antonio/Article/UTSAInsider-DC-Pete-Golding-74971855

While many defenses feign multiplicity, UTSA defensive coordinator Pete Golding delivers with a unit that utilizes a 4-2-5 defensive base with several differing odd man fronts mixed in. The Roadrunners go heavy in the front seven against run teams (see UTSA using three defensive tackles against New Mexico) without sacrificing in pass defense thanks to the way Golding employs his safeties.
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/uni...gaines-jordan-moore-michael-egwuagu-cj-levine

UTSA runs a multiple base defense, which in essence means they don’t really have a base defense. They run a lot of the same personnel, but their responsibilities and roles often change. For example, a typical 4-3 set (four linemen, three linebackers) easily transitions to a 4-2-5 nickel defense depending on what type of look they get from an offense.
https://arizonastate.rivals.com/news/film-study-ut-san-antonio-s-defense

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.