What recruiting damage is caused by Pruitt leaving?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
According to many sources, Smart and Saban had an agreement in place - Smart was not to try and flip any recruits in that cycle, but future cycles were 100% up for grabs. The result - not a single Alabama commit flipped to GA during that recruiting cycle. I have no idea if Saban has a similar agreement in place with Pruitt, but he could if he wanted to. Saban did not have to release Pruitt to take the TN job until after the playoff.
I was under the impression that UGA's current QB, Jake Fromm, flipped from us when Smart took the UGA job. Anyway, do not underestimate the connection of a recruit to a coach.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I was under the impression that UGA's current QB, Jake Fromm, flipped from us when Smart took the UGA job. Anyway, do not underestimate the connection of a recruit to a coach.
He did, but he also was a 2017 recruit, not 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Looks like LB's Davis and Walker will stick with us after Pruitt departure. Appears Walker was close to de-committing until Ansley visited.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/...eremy-pruitt-commitments-tennessee-volunteers
LOL!! Walker was wavering before Pruitt decided to take the job at UT. I didn't considered him solid and thought he wouldn't be part of the 2018 class. to hear this latest news makes me chuckled again. FWIW, in the last month or so , many believe he is firm with Bama after flirting with Auburn and UGA .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.