Clemson fan ready for Round 3!

rubtherock6317

Jan 12, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Hello Tide fans! Been awhile since I posted on here. Hope everyone is doing well.

Looking forward to our third game down in New Orleans! I've got a feeling this will be much more defensive than the last two games. I'll be making my first ever trip to NOLA, and any suggestions on "must-see" things/places to eat would be greatly appreciated since y'all know your way around down there.

I'm worried about Clemson's offense against Bama's defense this time around. We don't really have the ability to stretch the field like we have in the past, and that's usually a recipe for disaster against Alabama. We've been without our starting MLB Tre Lamar for several weeks now, and CB Mark Fields has also missed several weeks recently. If both are able to go, our defense will be 100% healthy coming into the game, which really hasn't been the case all season long.

But, at this point, I feel like we are playing with house money considering this was our "rebuilding" year.

Here's to hoping we get to watch another classic, that no one gets injured, and that the winner of our game raises the trophy in Atlanta! Go Tigers and RTR!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Hello Tide fans! Been awhile since I posted on here. Hope everyone is doing well.

Looking forward to our third game down in New Orleans! I've got a feeling this will be much more defensive than the last two games. I'll be making my first ever trip to NOLA, and any suggestions on "must-see" things/places to eat would be greatly appreciated since y'all know your way around down there.

I'm worried about Clemson's offense against Bama's defense this time around. We don't really have the ability to stretch the field like we have in the past, and that's usually a recipe for disaster against Alabama. We've been without our starting MLB Tre Lamar for several weeks now, and CB Mark Fields has also missed several weeks recently. If both are able to go, our defense will be 100% healthy coming into the game, which really hasn't been the case all season long.

But, at this point, I feel like we are playing with house money considering this was our "rebuilding" year.

Here's to hoping we get to watch another classic, that no one gets injured, and that the winner of our game raises the trophy in Atlanta! Go Tigers and RTR!
Your defensive line covers up any deficiencies that is caused from not having the two players you mentioned. My concern when our offense is on the field is y'alls defensive line. IMO, it's the best in the country and will be the best we face all year.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Look belowmember here lives in New orleans and said he could answer any questions you have about the area.

rubtherock6317

Jan 12, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Your defensive line covers up any deficiencies that is caused from not having the two players you mentioned. My concern when our offense is on the field is y'alls defensive line. IMO, it's the best in the country and will be the best we face all year.
While that's probably true, y'all are going to be one of the best we've faced all year as well. Even though it was back in early September, our offense didn't have much success against Auburn's defense. Maybe I'm being a pessimist, but if I had to pick a winner in this one, I'd go with Bama. Just a gut feeling.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Welcome back - we embrace 'enemy' fans with open arms as long (as the smack is left at the door).

Clemson will be Bama's toughest challenge this season, and with he turmoil regarding our DC leaving for another gig, I'm not sure what tot think about Bama's chances against Clemson. Dabo will have those boys ready...

BTW, were there already 6316 'rubtherocks' registered here or does that number have some significance to you? :)

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Welcome back - we embrace 'enemy' fans with open arms as long (as the smack is left at the door).

Clemson will be Bama's toughest challenge this season, and with he turmoil regarding our DC leaving for another gig, I'm not sure what tot think about Bama's chances against Clemson. Dabo will have those boys ready...

BTW, were there already 6316 'rubtherocks' registered here or does that number have some significance to you? :)
Maybe each player must rub it that many times before they can play, half the team will not see first half LOL GOOD FOR US

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
While that's probably true, y'all are going to be one of the best we've faced all year as well. Even though it was back in early September, our offense didn't have much success against Auburn's defense. Maybe I'm being a pessimist, but if I had to pick a winner in this one, I'd go with Bama. Just a gut feeling.
I feel better about Alabama's chances in this matchup than I did the first two because Watson has moved on to the NFL. All things considered I think the 2 teams are pretty even but you guys have struggled a lot more than Alabama has with inferior competition. Not to mention the loss to Syracuse. I don't think it'll be a blowout either way but I'd favor Bama slightly. If we had our starting middle linebacker, SDH, I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a Bama victory. The guys that are filling that role are supremely talented but inexperienced. Wouldn't be surprised if Clemson makes a few big plays because our LBs who are filling for SDH are out of position..

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Lol. Thanks for the greetings! Yes, my freshman year at Clemson, we went to South Carolina and beat them 63-17. 'Twas a glorious day lol.
Great hearing from you, hope the post midway down front page can help you find the hot spots in NO. Seems if Dabo(Bama Boy) keeps this up we may be the new rivalry game at the end of the year for awhile. I hope so, lots of respect for what he has built there. Last 2 NC games have been awesome not just for your fans and ours but the nation. Good hard fought games.

rubtherock6317

Jan 12, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Great hearing from you, hope the post midway down front page can help you find the hot spots in NO. Seems if Dabo(Bama Boy) keeps this up we may be the new rivalry game at the end of the year for awhile. I hope so, lots of respect for what he has built there. Last 2 NC games have been awesome not just for your fans and ours but the nation. Good hard fought games.
Absolutely! Two of the best national title games of all time. Much respect for both programs. I've had a blast with the Alabama fans we've interacted with both years, and expecting more of the same this time around as well!

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Absolutely! Two of the best national title games of all time. Much respect for both programs. I've had a blast with the Alabama fans we've interacted with both years, and expecting more of the same this time around as well!
This is a great rivalry, have many ties between the 2 programs and it seems to be a GOOD healthy rivalry. I feel both programs have real respect for each other. Not like our hated rivals like UT and Auburn lol. We like you guys, you give us great clean games. This is a game that all college games should be like. Hopefully both teams have a lot more chances to play for it all in the future. If we cannot win it, it may as well be you guys.No other team I would rather let hold our trophy for a year hehe.

rubtherock6317

Jan 12, 2017
Charlotte, NC
This is a great rivalry, have many ties between the 2 programs and it seems to be a GOOD healthy rivalry. I feel both programs have real respect for each other. Not like our hated rivals like UT and Auburn lol. We like you guys, you give us great clean games. This is a game that all college games should be like. Hopefully both teams have a lot more chances to play for it all in the future. If we cannot win it, it may as well be you guys.No other team I would rather let hold our trophy for a year hehe.
I agree. And I surely don't want Georgia to win it lol.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I agree. And I surely don't want Georgia to win it lol.
Anyone but OU anyone. I hope UGA finds a way to beat them. I have lost a lot of respect for OU with Mayfield and his antics. I always liked them and their fans, met a few and all were nice. BUT mayfield has just soured me on them right now.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Hey Rubtherock,

Welcome to New Orleans. I live in the suburbs of New Orleans. Quick question, does Clemson bring a "rock" replica with them for road games, or is that just a home tradition?

Anyway, don't know where you are staying, but if you are downtown and don't party too late, go have breakfast at Mothers, (401 Poydras St), or Cafe Fleur de Lis, (307 Chartres St). It's really hard to go wrong eating in New Orleans but some of favorites are GW Fins, (808 Bienville), Acme Oyster House, (724 Iberville), and Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse, (716 Iberville). Most of these are right off Bourbon St so you can party and eat at the same time. And I highly recommend that you go visit the World War II Museum during the day. (945 Magazine St). That place is well worth the visit. Hope you have a good trip to New Orleans, but of course I hope BAMA prevails. Krymsonman

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I would agree completely with this. I hope we beat Clemson, of course, but whichever team wins this game is the team I will hope wins the championship. I will not be supporting UGA or OU either way.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL

Looking forward to getting a chance to atone for last year. For recommendations in NOLA check with LSUgrad2BamaDad. Here is his post offering to make recommendations: https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293432

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.