2018 Prospect: DT Billy Farrell Signs with Arkansas

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: DT Billy Farrell

Missing somewhere else? This one is puzzling.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

We just offered Farrell a 3* out of Ark. Check out his video. This kid is big, quick, fast and athletic for his size. He has good hands and moves and a mean streak :eek:. Like where he goes to high school. I like him a lot. Are we finding another Josh Jacobs?

https://247sports.com/college/alaba...abama-Offers-2018-DT-Billy-Ferrell--111913164
How can he be ranked the #79 DT and 1000+ player in the country ? Big, mean and agile. I don't know anything about hand placement, playing with leverage or such things, but you seemed to have addressed that, at least partially. He didn't look that quick to me, but I take your word. What are his shortcomings and can they be addressed ?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Coach offers and I'm buying! Billy Farrell sounds like a kid I want in the trenches for the Tide.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Looks like he can move. CSC would trim him up and he could be quite the fireplug right in the middle of the D line.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

When things like this happen, it makes me wonder if Bert or someone on his staff contacted CNS about this kid.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Always interesting to find a hidden gem like this. IIRC, Donta Hightower was a 3* and didn't have offers from big schools. Saban saw him in person the first time and offered him on the spot. Rest is history..

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016

I watched his videos and I immediately thought about what a threat he could be as a Offensive Guard in the run game. Good quickness, balance, and size. I could see him pulling and creating a huge gap on a kick-out. There have been some issues there with getting to the block quickly with the right guards this season.

At DE, it looks like he needs some technique improvement. Feet die when he engages a block and doesn't get a lot of extension with his arms from what I saw. That could be late in games when he was exhausted from playing both ways though. However, he showed great lateral speed and vision. That can't be coached. Chased down a QB and made LOS tackles outside the tackle box.

I would be interested to see where he ends up playing. I can see why he got an offer from Bama. Cochran could make him a monster.

WPS

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 14, 2015

Surprised none of you have mentioned that he’s from the same school as Bear Bryant lol

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Surprised none of you have mentioned that he’s from the same school as Bear Bryant lol
Yea, I love the connection. I am very curious as to the optimism level of the staff for this one. I think everyone is offering now that we have.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.