2017-2018 RPI Rankings

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

As of today (December 8), Alabama is at 14.

OOC opponents:

Top 25: 2
Top 50: 6
Top 100: 8
Top 200: 9

SEC opponents:

Top 25: 5
Top 50: 6
Top 100: 9
Top 200: 13

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The next six games are critical:
1/23 Alabama v.s. Ole Miss
1/27 Oklahoma v.s. Alabama
1/31 Missouri v.s. Alabama
2/3 Alabama v.s. Florida
2/6 Alabama V.s. Miss state
2/10 Tennessee v.s. Alabama

Ole Miss- They are 0-5 on the road but are 9-3 at home.
Oklahoma - If we can beat them, that will help our RPI in a big way. This might be the game that will tell us whether we are ready or not.
Missouri- They are decide team. Will put up tough game.
Florida- Whew... Will be tough game for both team. Hard to tell.
Miss State- We can beat them, we just need to do better this time.
Tennessee- We should be able to win if we can handle the rebound.

Okay, so basically if we can beat Florida, Oklahoma then our RPI will go up big time. We need to win 4 games out of 6 and we'll be okay.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Lunardi's bracketology after Saturday's games.

#4- Auburn
#5- Tennessee
#5- Florida
#5- Kentucky
#9- Texas A&M
#9- Arkansas
#10- Alabama
#10- Missouri

With Carolina on the bubble. Man I would love it if this conference could somehow get 9 in.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Lunardi's bracketology after Saturday's games.

#4- Auburn
#5- Tennessee
#5- Florida
#5- Kentucky
#9- Texas A&M
#9- Arkansas
#10- Alabama
#10- Missouri

With Carolina on the bubble. Man I would love it if this conference could somehow get 9 in.
This just seems like too many. There are a lot of SEC teams with very good pre-conference records. I suspect that a few will get knocked out when it comes down to their out-of-conference schedules like what happened to Bama a few years ago but I haven't peeked at all the schedules so who knows?

I hope a bunch get in but they also need to have a good showing or the number will be hacked again next season.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This just seems like too many. There are a lot of SEC teams with very good pre-conference records. I suspect that a few will get knocked out when it comes down to their out-of-conference schedules like what happened to Bama a few years ago but I haven't peeked at all the schedules so who knows?

I hope a bunch get in but they also need to have a good showing or the number will be hacked again next season.
Sec Tournament may determine that. I see at least 4 or 5 teams getting in.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Sec Tournament may determine that. I see at least 4 or 5 teams getting in.
RPIs are too strong -- no reason for them to go down. This is the year the SEC gets at least 6, likely 7 - and maybe 8....but we do need the bottom feeders to do their job and not win too much..... (hear that Vandy? Ole Miss?)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Warren Nolan uses the same formula as the NCAA/selection committee. The RPI calculation is not exactly a formula that leaves much room for variability. Maybe ESPN doesn't update theirs as frequently?
I would think the RPI formula would be the same on every site since it is used by the NCAA. ESPN might not update theirs everyday like some. Thought they did, but they might not.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
When worrying about Alabama's tournament chances when we lose a couple more SEC games, remember the conference is so much better than previous years. We failed to make the tournament with Grant in years we had 10-6 or 12-4 conference records because the conference was weak. Not this year.

Also, here's the Warren Nolan page for Alabama with up-to-date RPIs for each team and Alabama's record against each RPI group.

warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/schedule/Alabama

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
When worrying about Alabama's tournament chances when we lose a couple more SEC games, remember the conference is so much better than previous years. We failed to make the tournament with Grant in years we had 10-6 or 12-4 conference records because the conference was weak. Not this year.

Also, here's the Warren Nolan page for Alabama with up-to-date RPIs for each team and Alabama's record against each RPI group.

warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/schedule/Alabama

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
19 wins, 5 more, and you're in. I see 6 more wins on your schedule, which will give you 20.

You're firmly on the bubble and likely to make it with 4 more wins, giving you 18.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.