Bama Player Ratings

bamafan37

1st Team
Feb 2, 2005
Hey, I found these on xboxfootballrosters.com. That's a great site, thanks for posting it Bebes. Thought ya'll would like these!

93 for TC!! 2 Words............. Power Football!

93 LB#35 Demeco Ryans
93 FB#19 Tim Castille
93 DT#99 Jeremy Clark
91 SS#26 Charlie Peprah
89 QB#12 Brodie Croyle
88 FS#41 Roman Harper
88 RT#58 Kyle Tatum
87 HB#34 Ken Darby
87 C#74 JB Closner
84 WR#11 Matt Caddell
84 WR#4 Tyron Prothro
80 QB#18 Marc Guillon
80 P#25 Jeremy Schatz
80 RG#63 Mark Sanders
78 LG#59 Antoine Caldwell
78 QB#14 J.P. Wilson
76 HB#5 Roy Upchurch
74 WR#22 D.J. Hall
74 LT#75 Cody Davis
72 K#86 Jamie Christensen
72 HB#29 Theo Townsend
70 WR#5 Brandon Brooks
68 QB#8 Adam Thrash
65 WR#81 Keith Brown

Vertical

All-American
May 15, 2000
New Hampshire
I *believe* the roster can hold 75 players, but I'm not positive. That's just the number that's in my head.

Tim Castille's rating is awesome.
Keith Brown's is outrageous. Someone just looked at his stats and was like "he's no good". There was no film study on that one.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
Rosters were increased to 70 players last year. It will be the same for this game as far as I know.

A 65 rating for Keith Brown? Now that's an insult! But I think a few players are rated a little too high. Marc Guillon should be about a 70 IMO. I had Jeremy Schatz pegged to be about a 72. I also had guessed Tatum to be about an 82. Oh well, let the coubtdown continue! :)

bamafan in TX

Scout Team
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah,

Brown's rating is pretty low considering he was our best deep option. He is 5 points lower than Brandon Brooks, which is really strange considering Brooks only returned punts for half of the season and did nothing else. But some of the other ratings were very generous. TC is good, but I don't think he is a 93. Him and darby's ratings should be flipped in my opinion. Caddell also got a favorable rating. I figured Prothro would be the only 80+ receiver and the rest would be 72-78, with the exception of Brooks who would be 62-68. Does anyone know Gilberry's ratings or Zeke Knight?

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
I like JPW's rating. That is really nice, you can start prepping him for the next year.

As far as changing ratings and stuff, I don't. I would be a little bias so I dare not fool with it. I play it as is.

I overcome the shortfalls in ratings by recruiting. :)

70 roster is good. One cool option you have is the ability to oversign(i.e. 25 each year). I think there should be a penalty, through recruiting, when you cut players. I just recruit every position and cut the lower rated players. I should be penalized for doing that. :)

Also, I wish there was some facter built in where you have to rotate your lineman and have it impact the 4th quarter and such. That would put an emphasis on recruiting depth.

Also, handicap most freshmen. It's rare for a freshman to come in and be a star.

Overall an awesome game. Only reason why I have a PS2.

I am excited about the extended recruiting this year.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I can't believe Brooks is rated as better than Brown, just shows these people have no clue as to what they are doing. I also think Brodie should have been a little higher, maybe 92-93 at least. I just wonder what his throwing accuracy and strength are rated as. And Darby should be better considering he was one of the top running backs in the SEC last season coming off the bench for an injured Hudson.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I also wonder how Peprah is rated as better than Harper. Peprah is very good and at CB he would be rated as much better, but at S Harper is better. Harper should be rated at least 95. Harper is an excellent S in both coverage and ecspecially in run support.

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Come on, Brodie rated higher?

First, rarely should a player be 99, that is a super star like Vick or Deion Sanders.

Brodie has yet to play a full year yet you want him rated higher? I guess these ratings are not set by biased designers.

I will say yes Brown should be rated slightly higher, but how much? He was a true freshman last year. He didn't have the full benefit of a throwing QB.

Stop worrying about it. :)

bamafan37

1st Team
Feb 2, 2005
The Tide said:
Thanks!

Question: Anyone know if they increased the size of the roster? I think last year they increased it from 55 to either 60 or 65.
From an interview on MaddenNation.

13) In '05 we saw a big increase in roster size to 70 I believe. Is '06 still at 70 or did they increase it even more?

We kept the same roster size for NCAA 06.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.