Arizona game. Are you ready?

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Tomorrow night at 9:00 on ESPN2. Gonna be a tough game against solid competition. AZ was preseason #3 and has won 3 in a row, including 67-64 over #7 Texas A&M. Hope the team is ready for a very good opponent on a big stage. Excited about what CAJ has done and direction we're headed. Let's keep it up! Found a couple of articles leading up to the game:

Game preview
http://rolltide.com/news/2017/12/8/...ll-faces-arizona-in-first-true-road-test.aspx

Key update (probably out, but getting closer)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/bamaha...sketball-braxton-key-nearing-return-tide/amp/

Sexton injured but should be good to go (enjoyed the embedded slideshow about the MN game)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.az...ketball-arizona-wildcats-play-return-saturday

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Not surprisingly we're a 7.5 point, or so, underdog. Arizona seems to have mended their problems from the tournament where they lost 3 games. It will be interesting to see if the stage is too big this early for our youngsters.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Key is out
You're referencing the writer's opinion. I referenced CAJ's quote:

“My gut tells me that we’ll probably get through that game without him, and we’ll have four or five practices before we play that game against Mercer in Huntsville and he should be good to go for that. But we’ll just let his body talk to us, we’ll see how he feels”

Probably out, meaning most likely to miss the game. I also don't think he will play based on the quote, but CAJ did not say definitely. That was the writer.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Sexton will play, he came back and finished the last game - made a big three and a pair of free throws during the last couple of minutes to help team hold off uri
Sexton article was just an update. I enjoyed the video about the game he had against MN, so I shared. Sorry if my quick summary came across as saying I thought he wouldn't play. Just mentioned the injury and that he was good to go as that was the context of the article.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
You're referencing the writer's opinion. I referenced CAJ's quote:

“My gut tells me that we’ll probably get through that game without him, and we’ll have four or five practices before we play that game against Mercer in Huntsville and he should be good to go for that. But we’ll just let his body talk to us, we’ll see how he feels”

Probably out, meaning most likely to miss the game. I also don't think he will play based on the quote, but CAJ did not say definitely. That was the writer.
Thanks, and for the updated injury status - good to know Key is close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Sexton article was just an update. I enjoyed the video about the game he had against MN, so I shared. Sorry if my quick summary came across as saying I thought he wouldn't play. Just mentioned the injury and that he was good to go as that was the context of the article.
The min game was something else, if you didn’t get to see the game beyond the highlight video in the article - the replay was linked in the minnesota game thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
The min game was something else, if you didn’t get to see the game beyond the highlight video in the article - the replay was linked in the minnesota game thread
Thanks. I watched the end of the game a couple of times that night. I agree it was very entertaining.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
My Zona buddy called, right before leaving for the game. Claims he heard on the radio that Sexton will play. (He is hoping so, as he really wants to see him, as he has talked about this game for months.)

We'll see......................

RTR!

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
I mean where is the chatter that he will not play? I don’t understand, he did finish last game off and has been practicing fully. Excited for this one, I think we get it done. RTR!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.