When we play Clemson it would be 25 years since we beat Miami in NOLA

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think this is my favorite NC in my lifetime. But I think its funny at the similarities:

• Dabo Swinney will be involved
  • Its a game in NOLA
  • Its on January 1st
  • The talking heads are not convinced that Alabama can stay on the field with a team\
  • Many of our fans aren't sure if we will win

Enjoy, and I hope the result is the same after the game on Bourbon Street as it was that night. RTR

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
We also were losing on the road in the fourth quarter to Mississippi State at the end of that season. Struggled for awhile with the barn, but pulled away late. There was a lot of chatter that Florida State should be #2 and Bama #3.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I was in NOLA at the time as a young kid. I wanted to go soooooo bad but getting to celebrate with Bama fans after was so cool. We honked all the way home and screamed Roll Tide down the highway as fans came up on one another. That was a great memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
We also were losing on the road in the fourth quarter to Mississippi State at the end of that season. Struggled for awhile with the barn, but pulled away late. There was a lot of chatter that Florida State should be #2 and Bama #3.
Don’t forget La Tech that year either. Their defense was absolutely LEGIT that year! Think we won 10-0 or something like that. Iron Bowl was a battle too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrueBamafan

Scout Team
Nov 13, 2004
My seat for that game was right in the middle of the Miami section. I enjoyed watching the fans start biting their fingernails as the game stayed close early and them patting us on the back early in the fourth quarter and saying good game and they were heading on to the airport.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I want the same result as Miami Title game, we win and have at least 1 pick six on that blow hard heisman winner OU QB. He is going to win it so bring his big attitude on. Send him into obscurity as we did Miami QB, what was his name? I really forgot it, never amounted to anything after Bama slapped him in the face hard.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
One of my favorites with Keith Jackson calling the game. I listened to the crowd noise of the game, sounds like we were 70 to 30 percent Bama fans. It did my heart good to see CGS be the first to win a NC after CPB.

Zach

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 25, 2017
I was a senior in high school and I was just hoping bama would keep it close. I was sorely mistaken

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I had just graduated from Bama about two weeks prior to the game, but I did not go to NOLA because I did not want to ask my folks for more money. I was back home and watched with friends, and we had a great time, but then I saw one of my college buddies on TV celebrating afterwards and part of me really wanted to be down there. That was a great game and moment in Bama history.

tidegrandpa

All-American
I want the same result as Miami Title game, we win and have at least 1 pick six on that blow hard heisman winner OU QB. He is going to win it so bring his big attitude on. Send him into obscurity as we did Miami QB, what was his name? I really forgot it, never amounted to anything after Bama slapped him in the face hard.
I'm guilty of looking forward to doing the same to Mayfield as we did to Torretta in '92.

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.
So cool to hear the great Keith Jackson call the game. Coach Broyles was great too... I was 21 years old and couldn't really remember Bama's last championship in '79 so for me, this was the first real one I ever experienced. When The "Deuce" returned that very first punt, I knew we were in great shape.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.