College coaches to NFL after the season?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Any college coaches make the jump to the NFL this year? I know we'll hear the Saban to Giants rumors again, but who do you see actually receiving interest from the NFL?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Any college coaches make the jump to the NFL this year? I know we'll hear the Saban to Giants rumors again, but who do you see actually receiving interest from the NFL?
As told by a magic fake news-generating screwdriver? Did it also foretell Malzahn coaching in the Texas TARDIS next year since Jerry Jones couldn't get him into another dimension for Arky?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
As told by a magic fake news-generating screwdriver? Did it also foretell Malzahn coaching in the Texas TARDIS next year since Jerry Jones couldn't get him into another dimension for Arky?
Don't use Dr. Who in vain!

Unless it's Capaldi's stupid sunglasses, then go right ahead.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I expect the Colts to make a hard push for Jim Harbaugh and I’m inclined to think he takes it. I’ll bet Harbaugh would love to be reunited with Luck, and it doesn’t hurt that the Colts will have a top 5 pick in the draft. With his ties to the team from the 90’s, and his winless streak against Ohio St, I’d bet they could sway him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I expect the Colts to make a hard push for Jim Harbaugh and I’m inclined to think he takes it. I’ll bet Harbaugh would love to be reunited with Luck, and it doesn’t hurt that the Colts will have a top 5 pick in the draft. With his ties to the team from the 90’s, and his winless streak against Ohio St, I’d bet they could sway him.
Yeah, I don't think his tenure thus far is anywhere close to where he thought he'd be. Wonder what his buyout is?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Yeah, I don't think his tenure thus far is anywhere close to where he thought he'd be. Wonder what his buyout is?
His buyout isn’t that steep. His annual salary though is $7mil Plus incentives and bonuses. There are only about 5 coaches in the NFL that make that much, so it’s a matter of if the Colts are willing to make him an offer that is worth leaving for.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
His buyout isn’t that steep. His annual salary though is $7mil Plus incentives and bonuses. There are only about 5 coaches in the NFL that make that much, so it’s a matter of if the Colts are willing to make him an offer that is worth leaving for.

I'm conflicted on this one. On one hand I'd love to see him continue to produce mediocrity in Ann Arbor, on the other seeing him tuck tail and run would be amusing as well.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I'm conflicted on this one. On one hand I'd love to see him continue to produce mediocrity in Ann Arbor, on the other seeing him tuck tail and run would be amusing as well.
It really is a catch-22 for all non-UM football fans.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
NFL teams have cycled through so many coaches the last few years from the pool of NFL coordinators, there really are a shortage of qualified candidates. It wouldn't shock me to see a couple team dip into the college ranks, or at least try to. I think you have a look at Harbaugh, Brian Kelly, James Franklin, maybe David Shaw.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Though it may not happen. This is a very real possibility. Harbaugh has to look at his conference and see that he's playing third, fourth and possibly fifth fiddle in the pecking order of the Big 10. With possibility of it not changing anytime soon. Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan St and I'd venture to say Wisconsin are ahead of him and three of that four are not going away anytime soon (OSU, Penn St & Michigan St). All three have had his number consistently since he's been there. He lost to all of them AND Wisconsin this season. He seems like an "NFL guy" anyway.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
It won't be this year but Kirby is going to start getting some calls if he keeps this up.

I don't know his contract situation at all but I would assume NFL teams will at least call James Franklin.

Big Orange

Suspended
Dec 7, 2017
I'm 100% confident Saban's next stop is the old folks home,at 67 no way he goes to the NFL. I don't think James Franklin's RaRa would translate will in the pros?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Though it may not happen. This is a very real possibility. Harbaugh has to look at his conference and see that he's playing third, fourth and possibly fifth fiddle in the pecking order of the Big 10. With possibility of it not changing anytime soon. Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan St and I'd venture to say Wisconsin are ahead of him and three of that four are not going away anytime soon (OSU, Penn St & Michigan St). All three have had his number consistently since he's been there. He lost to all of them AND Wisconsin this season. He seems like an "NFL guy" anyway.
With the announced transfer of Shea Patterson, I'd say it's now very unlikely that Harbaugh leaves. he has to be salivating over the prospect of coaching a qb with as much raw talent as Patterson. Especially with him having a reputation as a quarterback whisperer. I guarantee the Colts will still make a run at him, but I figure it just became a much harder sell.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
With the announced transfer of Shea Patterson, I'd say it's now very unlikely that Harbaugh leaves. he has to be salivating over the prospect of coaching a qb with as much raw talent as Patterson. Especially with him having a reputation as a quarterback whisperer. I guarantee the Colts will still make a run at him, but I figure it just became a much harder sell.
Yep. More than likely he stays. However, the Colts will probably at least make him turn down an offer. But if Harbaugh has any aspirations about getting back into the NFL he also has to think about which NFL teams will have vacancies when he's "ready" to get back in. Simply because he's ready to get back in doesn't mean the teams in which he'd be interested in coaching have vacancies. The Colts aren't the worst organization to go to.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.