Question: How well do you think Pruitt will recruit at 11essee?

Big Orange

Suspended
Dec 7, 2017
I know one thing for sure I'm glad of,I don't have to listen to Butch's yankee accent anymore nor those stupid used car salesman slogans and crap!

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
I think Pruitt will recruit well. He's smart and driven, and he learned from the best.

I also think that Fulmer's influence will eventually be Pruitt's downfall. Fulmer is a cancer, plain and simple. He's proven many times that 1. He's all about himself first and foremost (ask Johnny Majors) and everything else (the team, the players, and the school) is way down the list, and 2. He'll do ANYTHING to win including trying to sabotage other programs. Sooner or later Fulmer will get caught doing something underhanded, and when he does he'll try to make Pruitt his scapegoat. I really, truly hate that Pruitt didn't wait for an offer from a legitimate AD at a legitimate school. I think he'll come to regret diving face-first into a flaming dumpster full of snakes.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I think Pruitt will do okay recruiting at UT. First of all, he's one of the best recruiters in the nation. Secondly, he can offer "early playing time." But he'll have to win some games before he starts making a lot of headway in recruiting. I think a lot of people will take a "wait and see" attitude.

But it's really a moot point because (according to Jay Barker on the Opening Drive) Fulmer has been granted permission to hit the recruiting trail until Pruitt is on the job full-time. Don't you know that's really going to get the high school studs excited? I'm sorry. Phillip who?

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
UT football schedule 2018:

vs West Virginia
cupcake
cupcake
vs Florida
at Georgia
at Auburn
vs Alabama
at South Carolina

Most likely looking at 2-6 start / 0-5 SEC start. Before you guys try to act like UT football is back you might want to try to get a SEC win under your belt first. May not happen until the Kentucky game in November..

Big Orange

Suspended
Dec 7, 2017
UT football schedule 2018:

vs West Virginia
cupcake
cupcake
vs Florida
at Georgia
at Auburn
vs Alabama
at South Carolina

Most likely looking at 2-6 start / 0-5 SEC start. Before you guys try to act like UT football is back you might want to try to get a SEC win under your belt first. May not happen until the Kentucky game in November..
West Virginia is tossup,they are not much better than UT at this point. Florida will be in Knoxville and they won last year by a miracle play. Georgia,Auburn, Alabama I have no expectation of winning,but we would have beat USC last year if we had a coach instead of a buzzcut slogan machine on the sideline. Mizzou and Kentucky are in Knoxville.....we could very well be 7-5 next year... Maybe 8-4 if other teams have a bad game on that day and we play over our heads but unlikely. 2019 could be worse than 2018 because of the road games and in 2020 we've got Oklahoma early,that game will likely be the thermometer on Pruitt.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
West Virginia is tossup,they are not much better than UT at this point. Florida will be in Knoxville and they won last year by a miracle play. Georgia,Auburn, Alabama I have no expectation of winning,but we would have beat USC last year if we had a coach instead of a buzzcut slogan machine on the sideline. Mizzou and Kentucky are in Knoxville.....we could very well be 7-5 next year... Maybe 8-4 if other teams have a bad game on that day and we play over our heads but unlikely. 2019 could be worse than 2018 because of the road games and in 2020 we've got Oklahoma early,that game will likely be the thermometer on Pruitt.
Lol ... that’s accurate.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Sure, you could be 8-4 if the ball bounces your way every time or you could be 4-8 if it doesn't. I think Mullen is going to have UF looking like a top program again very quickly. The game last year is really meaningless considering both teams have new coaches. South Carolina has shown progression under Muschamp so that's not an automatic win. Even Kentucky isn't at this point. To get to an 8-4 record you'd have to assume that all the other teams will continue to regress while UT is the only team that gets better. Highly unlikely..

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
UT/JP will recruit fine...and coaching will improve. Coach BUZZCUT couldn't cut it in that arena...they will be a major player by his 3rd year if not before. I would say earlier but with UA, UGA, and UF all on the upswing, it will be a harder task than say, 2 years ago.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.