BoSox pitcher charged with domestic assault for VERBAL argument with his wife?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I wonder if their state laws consider verbal threats of abuse one in the same with abuse w/r/t domestic violence? My guess is that he threatened her at some point in the shouting match.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
His lawyer’s statement that he didn’t raise his hand is key. Assault doesn’t have to include physical contact, but it does require the reasonable belief that they’re going to follow through on their threats. If he acts like he’s going to hit her, that’s assault. If he just cursed and calls her names, it’s not.
(I’m not a lawyer, but used to watch a lot of Law and Order).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I wonder if their state laws consider verbal threats of abuse one in the same with abuse w/r/t domestic violence? My guess is that he threatened her at some point in the shouting match.
or perhaps they charged him so they could separate them to cool off and will have the DA drop the charge later

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
His lawyer’s statement that he didn’t raise his hand is key. Assault doesn’t have to include physical contact, but it does require the reasonable belief that they’re going to follow through on their threats. If he acts like he’s going to hit her, that’s assault. If he just cursed and calls her names, it’s not.
(I’m not a lawyer, but used to watch a lot of Law and Order).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep, cause we all know women never raise their hands when yelling...and never throw things when arguing. I'm no lawyer and I'm not defending the guy...but, if I'm in my house/apartment and I'm arguing with my wife...why does it always seem the guy is the one arrested? Takes 2 to tango, no?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Yep, cause we all know women never raise their hands when yelling...and never throw things when arguing. I'm no lawyer and I'm not defending the guy...but, if I'm in my house/apartment and I'm arguing with my wife...why does it always seem the guy is the one arrested? Takes 2 to tango, no?
#ittakestwo

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
In Huntsville, the police will charge someone with domestic violence if there is evidence of out of control behavior. Such as broken lamps, thrown glasses. overturned furniture, etc. Anger management classes are part of the sentence.

tidegrandpa

All-American
In Huntsville, the police will charge someone with domestic violence if there is evidence of out of control behavior. Such as broken lamps, thrown glasses. overturned furniture, etc. Anger management classes are part of the sentence.
I saw my older sister throw a frozen pound of meat and hit my brother in law right on the knee cap as he was sitting.
I thought it was brilliant because if he had called police it would have thawed before they came.
Made a believer of my brother in law.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.