Mother/infant kicked off plane in Houston for breastfeeding

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mo...-spirit-airlines-flight/ar-BBGv636?li=BBnbfcL

Why didn't she bring a bottle for the baby? Why didn't she follow the flight attendant's instructions to put the baby down for departure? Why didn't she feed the baby prior to entering the plane as well?

Of course one could argue that why didn't they let her finish as well because I'm sure the time it took to open the door, "deplane" them with security personnel and reinitiate take off procedures and reschedule the flight probably caused more delays otherwise.

Interesting.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Why have we as a society decided that following the rules is optional? Want to breastfeed on a plane? Get your own plane, make your own rules. Otherwise, follow the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Of course one could argue that why didn't they let her finish as well because I'm sure the time it took to open the door, "deplane" them with security personnel and reinitiate take off procedures and reschedule the flight probably caused more delays otherwise.
It is Spirit so it's not like it would have messed up their on time record.

Seriously though, I'm on the side of the airline here. This isn't a breast feeding in public issue. This is a mom refusing to follow the everyone be buckled up during taxiing rule issue. She could have waited until 10000 ft and the fasten seatbelt lights were off to feed her kid with no issues.

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
On second thought, she probably just forgot to pay Spirit the $50 breast feeding fee. Spirit has to be the worst experience/customer service ever. Once you set expectations that a good trip only involves taking off and landing without being killed in a crash, it helps to make for a better trip.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.