Your opinion on Jeremy Pruitt?

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
To be totally honest and brutal, Pruitt does not matter. Fulmer and UT problems will kill UT, not whether Pruitt is good or not. He is good, but even he cannot over come UT mess. Saban could not resurrect that program right now. UT is a hot mess, and who is coaching has little to no effect on how they get back. Admin AD and boosters will be your main issue as long as Fulmer is in charge. He cannot help himself, he is a back stabbing buffoon, and no good recruit will want anything to do with that program until you make a major over haul of the admin , boosters, and AD. Going back to the guy who got you in this mess was stupid in my opinion. Be prepared to lose a lot more before you win again.

Big Orange

Suspended
Dec 7, 2017
All of this Fulmer/UT boiling hate is immensely entertaining!!!!!:biggrin: It's awesome that me and the entirety of Tidefan (or at least the ones that respond ) see all these issues 180% apart!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
All of this Fulmer/UT boiling hate is immensely entertaining!!!!!:biggrin: It's awesome that me and the entirety of Tidefan (or at least the ones that respond ) see all these issues 180% apart!
That's because you know about 10% of the whole story. We all remember things like the fake NCAA letters Fulmer had drawn up to convince recruits that Bama was going on probation and the underhanded tricks go on from there. He's obsessed with all things Bama and has admitted as much openly. I had hoped he would have matured. Apparently not...

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Really. We have a thing called blue font, for use in case you think some readers may not get your joke. If I read your post in blue font, it is immensely entertaining.

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
I posted (on another site years back) with a guy who was close friends with Pruitt. He would say that Pruitt was a super coach and would be HC someday, ad nauseam. It looks like he was right but I think Pruitt has stepped into something by taking this job.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
It's not like he pulled UGA out of the gutter and made them into some powerhouse. I stand by the statement Richt would have had the same results.
Lets also not pretend that Richt is some horrible coach either. He just had Miami play for the ACC title and a playoff spot. He would have won a national championship in 2012 if it wasn't for some team called Alabama. I know we all like to point and laugh at Richt's almost-seasons at Georgia, but honestly the man is probably the most successful current D1 football coach in America to not win or play for a national title. So saying Richt could have had the same record as Kirby this year is a bit like saying Dantonio or Gundy could have had the same record as Kirby at Georgia this year. Not exactly a terrible insult.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
I usually try to avoid feeding trolls, but every once a while someone comes along that reeks of a troll but actually just suffers from poor communication skills. So just this once, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the latter. Under that assumption, I want to ask you some questions.

You've been told of Fulmer's past actions. It's not wild-eyed conspiracy theory, speculation, innuendo, or rumor. It's fact and it's supported by evidence. So in light of that, how can you live with yourself when supporting a snake like that? I understand that you want UT "back," however you define that, but at what cost? Do you not at least cringe a bit knowing that Fulmer is now in charge of your school's athletic department? And if not, how could you not?

Long before he got into bed with the NCAA in his efforts to burn Alabama, many in the Vol nation would tell you that he stabbed Johnny Majors in the back to take his job. Now it has come out that he was actively working against the efforts of John Currie in his coaching search, and by proxy, against UT, in an effort to oust Currie and take his job.

You know of his off-the-field actions, or can easily verify the information. But even strictly as a coach, he was fired for poorly performing teams. That's a double whammy; a has-been coach who also happens to be a rattlesnake.

Does it not at least cause a conflict of interest within yourself to be supporting someone like that?

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
That may be, but we win Titles, what has Fulmer and UT actually accomplished lately? Proof is in the pudding. I have no doubt UT is spinning everything 180 degrees, what choice do you hillbillies have? You are at the bottom, the very bottom of the SEC and one man like Pruitt cannot change that . Enjoy your Alabama grab, see ya next year an d expect 12 in a row to happen. UT is done and by hiring Fulmer back this may go 20 in a row. And we have no hate for UT, to hate you must be relevance, we love UT being a easy win for so many years. Easy DSEC win now for 11 years, why hate that?

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Morning to y'all down there in T town! I'm a Tennessee dude and this is my first post and was wondering what y'all think we have with Coach Pruitt? The D is clear cut but has he ever said or shown what he favors on offence?
I neither know nor care.

I pretty much pay zero attention to who the assistants are. Yeah, I know their names because Gary Danielson refers to them by first name every Saturday.

But I don't see where it has even mattered. Saban is still here so....

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I neither know nor care.

I pretty much pay zero attention to who the assistants are. Yeah, I know their names because Gary Danielson refers to them by first name every Saturday.

But I don't see where it has even mattered. Saban is still here so....
I have been wondering where you were Selma.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I feel like there's going to be a similar ban on UT members who try to sign up here as we did on the LSU people. Every UT thread, regardless of what it's about, turns into the same mess..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.