If you were the OC

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Totally depends on what Jalen can do, but based on what we have seen so far:

Let Jalen run the same plays that he has been running, but try and make him understand the need to stay in the pocket and complete passes down the field. If Jalen can't get this going, put in Tua. Make Jalen understand that if he can't get it going, you are going to put in Tua. Make him fight for his job on the field.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
A ball controlled (TOP), balanced attack using our running backs, qb and receivers that makes it hard for an opposing defense to know what's coming. Preferably pro-set.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Run with Damien, then run with Bo, then run with Damien, then run with Bo, pass to Calvin, scramble if necesary, repeat.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Except that 3/4 of Clemson's line are making all star teams at one level or another. The key is balance with short passing game -- exactly what we have not been particularly good at this year.
I agree with this. Clemson has the best front four we've probably played this year. Only Auburn was close and we know how that worked out. Obviously you don't abandon the run but a conservative run, run, run, gameplan is going to have a hard time getting traction. Their defense is legit.

I think playing to Jalen's strengths and getting him confidence early are important. Short, easy completions, on screens and slants, some bootlegs where he runs the ball, some designed runs. Get him comfortable and in a flow early. We don't want to get in third and longs where they can get after him and he's forced to throw deep and deal with the pass rush.

RiffTide

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 30, 2015
Run a possession type offense. Try to stay ahead of the chains. Avoid second and third and long if possible. Be prepared to take what they give us and resolve to use every tool in the toolbox if necessary to try to win.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Much more balance in the O and take away the predictability. More designed roll-outs and rpo plays. Involve the TE and RB’s more in the passing game instead of just relying on Ridley and the other WR’s.

Last edited:

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
If I was the OC, we would truly be in trouble. But I would prefer we run with our RB's and have Jalen only run when he has to make something happen out of the pocket. But I want him not making that decision so early.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.