Commits and Targets Expected to Sign Early and/or Enroll Early

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
The 3-Star kids will be signing early and the 5-Stars in February.

That kind of muddies things...

I am sure that new strategies will result from what happens this month.
I don't see it that way. To me, it strengthens the "verbal commitment" tag and if you are a 4 or 5* verbal before the early signing period then you sign early. The same is true for all of your verbals. If anything, the non-mature or truly undecided kids refrain from any verbals. I think it also gives the staff some time after the early signing period to concentrate on holes to fill in the roster by the remaining field of recruits and maybe even put a little more emphasis on finding the kid that really is a late bloomer who could make a significant contribution to the team. But you are right...a bevy of new strategies will be implemented after this cycle.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't see it that way. To me, it strengthens the "verbal commitment" tag and if you are a 4 or 5* verbal before the early signing period then you sign early. The same is true for all of your verbals. If anything, the non-mature or truly undecided kids refrain from any verbals. I think it also gives the staff some time after the early signing period to concentrate on holes to fill in the roster by the remaining field of recruits and maybe even put a little more emphasis on finding the kid that really is a late bloomer who could make a significant contribution to the team. But you are right...a bevy of new strategies will be implemented after this cycle.
You have to take into account the major signing day ceremonies covered on TV that many of these high profile guys will still want to do. They may assure the staffs they are solidly committed but some are going to wait for the "look at me" moment. Some of those will move up to 12/20-12/22 but......

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The 3-Star kids will be signing early and the 5-Stars in February.
Remember, not all players who have committed to a team have committable offers. If they sign, they have a committable offer and the school was not weighing them against a potentially better option at that position. So a 4 or 5 star player is not getting bumped by a 3 star unless the school has no idea how to manage their offers/schollies.

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
If all those in the article signing early, actually do, I'll go through some shivers and fall down on my floor, and quite possibly go out on the back deck and scream a big Nature Boy, Whooooo. What a class. Seeing Smith and Parks are already practicing with the team will make going to sleep a much easier proposition. Roll Tide!!!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I understand completely the need to sign the best players, nation-wide, but who ever would have thought that the University of Alabama would have a signing class with what, three kids from the state? Four? Wow.

rtr

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I understand completely the need to sign the best players, nation-wide, but who ever would have thought that the University of Alabama would have a signing class with what, three kids from the state? Four? Wow.

rtr
Overall, it's a weak class in-state. Just look at the outcome of the AL/MS All-Star game.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Wonder if the fact that both of our RB commits are not "big backs" means our coaches think Bo Scar is staying another season in addition to having N Harris.
Ford is really the only RB in this class. Bolden will play slot most of the time. Bo could stay but we also have Brian Robinson who is a big back.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
^^^
We both forgot the amazingly dedicated Ronnie Clark.
Clark is a senior. We will have Jacobs, N.Harris and Robinson in the back field next season. In addition to Bo or D. Harris if either stays. So it is likely Ford may not see the field much this year anyway. Also we have a five star committed for next years class and I imagine we will go after one or two more.

ProudTider

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2015
Clark is a senior. We will have Jacobs, N.Harris and Robinson in the back field next season. In addition to Bo or D. Harris if either stays. So it is likely Ford may not see the field much this year anyway. Also we have a five star committed for next years class and I imagine we will go after one or two more.
I thought Ronnie was a RS Junior.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

rtr
aside from the 2008 class which was loaded with in -state talent, under Saban its pretty much been the norm. a couple of years back, IIRC Bama had about 70% out of state recruits in that class. Alabama will continued to recruit nation wide for the best of the best. the formula seems to be working so far. :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.